This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EFS on Compute On Bar Close Only is causing NO SOUND

hi - i have a number of efs modules and they each use one or more sounds by calling a wav file

it works fine when i do not use "Compute On Bar Close Only" in the EFS settings

however when i do, there is no sound

now i am sure that i cam executing the wav files when the bar closes not on pulswes

does anyone have any idea of what is going on here?

thanks

My assumption would be...

That setComputeOnClose() causes the EFS to run as though "not in realtime". The ALERT features are designed to operate when the getCurrentBarIndex() == 0. I believe when you use setComputeOnClose(), the getCurrentBarIndex() == -1 - thus not operating in Realtime.

Jason or Alex would probably be able to confirm this assumption.

Most of the system I create are designed to run in Realtime - thus I don't run into this problem that often.

B
    Brad Matheny
    eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

thanks doji - how can i send this to jason or alex - and another point ...

... is that i am in real time - the bar close setting i am speaking of is in the esignal efs settings - so my efs works in real time but i have it set to bar close only because i am only interested in the state of bars etc when the bar closes

i do not do any setClose.... function calls in the EFS

it is still a mystery to me - why i can not get it to work

thanks for your help

Comment

potye2
        At this time the alert functions do not trigger if the global Compute On Close is set. eSignal is already aware of this.
        I would suggest that you use the setComputeOnClose() function in the efs which accomplishes the same task and allows the alerts to be triggered.
        Alex

Comment

HI ALEX AND THANK ... also ....

... that has driven me crazy for a long time ... i wish there was some documentation on the web that this was a problem because i kept reading and re-reading the alert function description and could not see the problem --- then tried again and again, etc --- big waste of time - someone at esignal --- when aware of something like this --- should change the documentation

but, i am wondering if there are any other anomalies because i have another efs that only does calculations on bar close and yet i get different results when running live (no-close) and setting bar close only

thanks again

Comment

Developing into a solution..

You should probably see this thread regarding "creating Real-time EFS scripts". It illustrates how I create real-time scripts that will allow your alerts and other features to continue operating.

Basically, it is a matter of designing for what you want to accomplish.

RT EFS Thread

B
            Brad Matheny
            eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

Working...
            X