Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calling all programmers..can you do this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling all programmers..can you do this?

Does anyone know of a way to trigger an alert when you get a 3 white soldiers or 3 black crows pattern? I'm looking at a 5 minute chart.

I would like an alert that signals when 3 white candles in a row or 3 black candles in a row move over 20 pips (euro/dollar)
    on a 5 minute chart.

So the alert would go off every time 3 white candles or black candles formed in a row on a 5 minute chart...as long as the total move of those 3 candles was at least 20 pips.

Does anybody have the expertise to program this..or has it already been done somewhere?

Thanks!

Here is my attempt at it..

Here you go...
    Attached Files
    Brad Matheny
    eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

revisions to earlier code..

I've included a couple of variables that you can use to control the system...

MinPips (default = 20)
      PipMult (default = 10000)

the way I've coded this is if you get three white bars (basic definition of a three white soldiers, and the "body range" (open(-2) to close()) is >= 20 pips (or 0.0020), then trigger an alert.

Let me know if this is what you are looking for..

B
      Attached Files
      Brad Matheny

Comment

Can a sound alert be added?

Could a sound alert be added so that when this alert is triggered it keeps beeping until I turn it off?

Thanks for the quick reply Brad...your Good!

Comment

No...

This is not possible with EFS at this time. I can add a sound, but not make it continue to "ding" till you turn it off.

Let me know.

B
          Brad Matheny

Comment

How about this for an idea on how to keep the efs dinging til you change your mind....

When the first ding sounds, set a flag and put a button on the chart.

If the flag is set on each tick, ding again, click on the button to turn the flag off and make the button disapear.

Comment

Good Idea... Here you go..

This new file will continue to "ding" till you click on "KILL ALERT". This way, you can continue to get alerts till you disable it.

Also, the sounds will be triggered with each price tick - so there could be delays between the tones.

B
              Attached Files
              Brad Matheny

Comment

bingo!

Comment

David,

You know, I remember Alex put something together that worked very similar to what you suggested Dave, however I could "not" find it at the momant . It was quite a good implementation, with a mute button and everything, but then again, isn't all of Alex's work good?

Regards,

Comment

Steve

Normally I would agree that Alex is the best, but right now the Red Sox are Numero Uno!

Comment

The Series was awesome, quite the display of talent by the Red Sox. I very much enjoyed watching it!

Comment

Thanks!

Everything seems to be working well with this alert.

Talk about quick turnaround..

Everybody give Brad a round of applause!

Comment

Working...
                        X