data testing length

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• data testing length

Does anyone know how to adjust the length of data an efs stategy uses when backtesting? I can only get the output file to use data that is visually available on the screen. thanks.

Hello johawk,

This is controlled by the time template. Read through the following KB article on Advanced Charting - Features and General Instructions. After creating your custom time template, apply it to your chart and then also make sure it is the selected time template when you run the Strategy Analyzer.
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Hi Jason,

I want to set up a time template for the trading year 1 Jan 2003 to 31 December 2003, and call that template every time I want to test an EFS for the year 2003. I'm not sure how I do that with the time template edit function - even after reading the "Advanced Charting - Features and General Instructions" link below.

Am I missing something quite simple here ?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Neil.

Comment

you can't....

at this time, the time templates only allow you to select the # of bars/days to include (from/including today) in your test. So, you can't set a date range (yet). I know this has been requested many times - so I hope it will be available soon.

B
        Brad Matheny
        eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

Thanks Brad,

I remember seeing somewhere that a request could be made to Esignal for a function addition/modification. I'd be grateful if you would let me know how I would do that.

Regards.

Neil.

Comment

Neil
            Although you can't use a Time Template to back test a specific period you can do that with the efs itself. For an example of this see the trade premission.efs in this post
            Alex

Comment

Working...
            X