Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting a W%R study to plot signals on the price chart...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting a W%R study to plot signals on the price chart...

I'm trying to figure out how to modify a non-price study, such as W%R, to plot signals on the price chart. For example, when a 14 day W%R is below -80, and price closes above the 7 day Simple MA, put a green arrow on the price chart.

I'm not too good with EFS code in general, but I'm trying to figure out the logic of getting price chart signals based on a non-price study. I'm probably missing something simple... thanks!

Jonathan

Jonathan
    An efs cannot plot in the indicator and price windows at the same time.
    If you set it up as a non price study you can however paint the price bars. If you instead want the signals to be plotted in the price window then set the efs up as a price study and leave the return blank (see here for an example that uses the Stochastic)
    Alex

Comment

Hey, thanks Alex! That was a big help... took me a little while of hacking to get it working properly, but I did it.

Now, to continue my education on plotting this stuff on a chart... I figured out (using the wizard though) easily enough how to make a signal appear when price action does somethign today, that it didn't do yesterday (close>close(-1) for example). But I want to do something a bit different with my W%R signal.

I'd like to have a symbol appear on my chart when W%R has gone above -20 or below -80 *within the last 5 days*. This is the part I don't know how to do... handle ranges of days rather than just a single day. Suggestions/solutions?

Thanks as always!

J

Comment

Working...
      X