Why does this not work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does this not work?

The enclosed EFS is a study that I am working on that will show if a Dinapoli Detrended Osc (2) is greater than or less than the prior oscillator..I find that if a longer osc is > the shorter osc the move is a confirmation..

Also the short osc must be on the opposite side of 0 the prior bar..

This efs works on if I take the > 0 line out and as soon as install that routine I get no color..This should be a single red stripe for the rountine is if the Detrend1(slow) is less than the Detrend(fast) and both are less than 0 and only paint a backround if the Detrend(fast) is greater than 0 the prior bar..

Can someone help me..

Racer
    Attached Files

The problem appears to be in how you were trying to reference the prior value of the variable Detrend. You must actually keep track of that value yourself (e.g., you cannot simply say Detrend, -1 ). See the attached, which should now work correctly.

Chris
    Attached Files

Comment

Chris..

Thanks!! Now I can continue..

I really enjoy trying to create my own code, but many times I get hung up on certain things I do not understand and get frustrated..Is there somewhere where I can see the "why" this had to be done this way, it will save questions like this down the road..

Again Thanks!!

Racer

Comment

Working...
      X