MA Cross problem - still

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MA Cross problem - still

I have the MA cross formula loaded on the DWC, $ADD and $NYA and it works only some of the time. I got an alert when the $ADD crossed down but not back up. I also did not get an alert when the $NYA crossed. Please advise.

Hello jbfox,

Please post the formula you are using and I'll test it.
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Here is the file I am using.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello jbfox,

This is the same formula you were discussing with Alex in this thread. You should have replied to that thread. At any rate, in Alex's last message to you he stated that the formula will only trigger one alert per bar. So only the first time a cross is detected intrabar will you get the alert. The formula will not give you an alert if the MAs uncross during the same bar. Is that what you want to happen?
        Jason K.
        Project Manager
        eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
        JavaScript for EFS Video Series
        EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
        EFS Glossary
        Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Sorry Jason - I was thinking I should have replied to the thread I has started with Alex but ...

Anyway here two charts with MA crosses and I have been alerted only once. I would like to be alerted each time I the MAs cross.
          Attached Files

Comment

jbfox
            FWIW I have been running the efs on two charts, one for $NYA and the other for $ADD and as you can see in the screenshot below all the crosses (including false crosses) triggered the alerts.
            In the chart the red vertical lines mark when I started tracking the charts in real time, the FC are false crosses and the C are actual crosses.
            Having said that there is an outside possibility that in your charts the averages all had the same values at the bar prior to the cross which was not included in the conditions. The enclosed revision of the efs now adds that to the conditions
            Alex

Attached Files

Comment

I'm not sure what the heck I am doing but my alert on this MA cross is still not working. If I shorten the MA length to test it will work but when I change it back to 19 and 39 it seems to "forget"
              Attached Files
              Last edited by jbfox; 12-14-2004, 11:21 AM.

Comment

jbfox
                I see that on the $ADD chart the averages crossed at around 13:00.
                Was the efs running in real time when the cross occurred?
                Alex

Comment

I'm not sure what you mean by running an EFS real time. If you mean was I running Esignal at the time I sure was and the EFS was loaded on this chart. The chart was not the active chart but if it were then I would not need the alert.

Comment

jbfox
                    That is what I was asking. The chart with the efs needs only to be open but not active to trigger the alerts.
                    Anyhow in the mean time I downloaded the efs and ran a quick test and here are the results at my end running it with MA lengths of 19 and 39
                    Alex

Comment

THe 19 and 39 on my $add are not anywhere near ready to cross down. How did you get a chart with them crossing down?
                      Attached Files

Comment

jbfox
                        The interval I was running was 5T (5 ticks).
                        Alex

Comment

FWIW, I downloaded the efs and it is triggering the Alerts on my end as well, both the audible and the Triggered Alert List are working fine. See the top three Alerts below.

Comment

OK I will keep it running again tomorrow and let you know how it is working. Steve and Alex are you running the same EFS as me? I use the one Alex attached on 12-10 named basicmax2(alerts)(2).efs

Comment

jbfox
                              That is the version I used to check the alerts.
                              Alex

Comment

Working...
                              X