No announcement yet.

Signal event occured within X days ago?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Signal event occured within X days ago?

I'm trying to figure out how to code a signal for an event that happened within the last 5 days. I know how to check to see if it happened a fixed # of days ago, but it's the range I'm having trouble with.

Specifically, in this example I want to know if the W%R went below -80 or above -20 at any time within the last 5 periods (days in this case). How does one code this sort of thing?

Thanks!

Jonathan

Jonathan
    The attached efs based on the builtin %R study provides you an example of how to do it.
    The efs will paint the background in red or lime if within the last user defined number of bars the %R was above -20 or below -80. All parameters can be modified through Edit Studies.
    Alex
    Attached Files

Comment

Great Alex, thanks! A little hacking & slashing & I think I've got what I needed incorporated into the efs I was building.

Jonathan

Comment

Oh I forgot to mention one strange thing... I was playing with different lengths for the lookback, but changing the number from 5 to anything else didn't seem to have any effect. Any idea why?

THanks!

J

Comment

Jonathan
          Forgot to make one change when I added that parameter. Replace the following line
          var vR = vPercentR.getValue(PercentRStudy.PERCENTR,0,-5);
          with
          var vR = vPercentR.getValue(PercentRStudy.PERCENTR,0,-Lookback);
          The way it was before changing the Lookback had an effect only when it was 5 or less.
          Alex

Comment

Working...
          X