Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SetPriceStudy Query

Hi All,

I am writing an EFS which will have two formulae.

I want one of the formulae to show on the price chart - presumably that means I need to setPriceStudy(true);

The other is a MACD variation, which I wish to show as a separate study in a window below the price bar chart. I am guessing that means I have to setPriceStudy(false) in Premain.

My question thus asks whether a single EFS can show an output from one formula to the price bar chart, as well as write to a separate pane below the price bar charts with the output from another formula.

I cannot see how to do this if setPriceStudy has to be either true or false in the Premain.

Thanks in advance for your help folks.

Neil.

Hello Neil,

A single EFS cannot return indicator data to both the price pane and the indicator pane. You will have to use two separate formulas. However, you can color the price bars from a non-price study.
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Thanks Jason,

I want to use the signal from a MACD AND a signal from a MA to feed a buy/signal signal. So I want the MACD to give a buy when it turns up from below x and the MA to give a buy signal when it is rising - do you have an example of some code that may do that?

I am learning about calling one EFS from another and could do with some help here - is there a thread that you know of which will offer enlightenment ?

Thanks

Neil.

Comment

Neil
        See this thread
        Alex

Comment

Many thanks Alex,

Neil.

Comment

Working...
          X