reloadEFS() ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reloadEFS() ???

Does reloadEFS() cause the entire EFS to reload (meaning premain and main)??

I'm messing with pulling data from a web server and I need to include a switch (to pull different files and redraw across multiple days of data). I've included a button and the reloadEFS() command - but I can't see that the EFS is actually reloading. In fact, I can't see it do anything different??

when reloadEFS() is called, does it clear all the previously drawn lines/objects? Does it recalc from the beginning of the data (on the chart). Does it reprocess premain()??

As far as I can tell - none of this is being done.

B
    Brad Matheny
    eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Brad,

It should act pretty much as if the user has requested a reload of the data.

About the only thing I would that doesn't get reset is Universal Globals (which it shouldn't - so this is good).

Garth
    Garth

Comment

oddly....

Garth, thanks for the reply...

Try this file.. when you click on the button, it should reload the efs...

I've added a debug line into preMain - but it never executes on RELOAD?? I think I found a bug??

B
      Attached Files
      Brad Matheny

Comment

Hi Brad,

I looked it over and it looked OK at a glance, but I'm not at a location where I can run it or debug it.

BTW, I haven't ever used reloadEFS() under the latest release of eSignal or any of the current beta/alpha's. So it is possible you have discovered a new behavior if you are running under one of those.

G
        Garth

Comment

thanks...

Garth,

I appreciate your efforts. Maybe JasonK will see this thread and help out...

I'm using version 7.6 currently. I like to stay behind the newest releases because I don't like fighting bugs. I might try to get the latest version today to see if it resolves this problem??

It is just odd that reloadEFS() is doing nothing in this build??

B
          Brad Matheny

Comment

ReloadEFS() preserves the state of any external variables when it is called (and skips the preMain() function) while right-click, Reload is equivalent to loading the script fresh from disk.
            That info was from a post of Chris Kryza in this thread

Comment

Brad,

I revised the code slightly to debugPrintln a second counter each time it is reset, it works well on this end with the most recent version of eSignal.
              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Steve...

I did a limited search - but did not see that post.. Now, back to work on it..

Odd though... You would think it would re-execute preMain() so you could modify the returned label parameters with changes to your code.... Ah well - live and learn..

B
                Brad Matheny

Comment

Working...
                X