Trinq background color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trinq background color

I am trying to setBarBgColor of a 2 minute $tickq chart based on the close being >50, between 50 and -50, or <50.

I used RSIcolorLineBar. efs from the Helper directory as a start, and made a few changes that aren't working.

Any help would be appreciated

Regards
    shaeffer
    Attached Files

shaeffer
    What exactly is not working? I replicated your code code (BTW next time you may want to post the code rather than an image of it) and the background is painting according to the close being higher, lower or in between those values
    Alex

Comment

Hi Alex,

When I load this EFS, I get a "line 36 SyntaxError: invalid return: return (vValue)"

And when I load the efs, a study window opens beneath the chart (which I thought setPriceStudy(True) was supposed to prevent?)

Also, I admit I'm not sure how to post the code (as opposed to its image) otherwise I would.

Regards
      shaeffer

Comment

shaeffer
        To post the code you can either copy it from the Editor and Paste it into the message or attach the efs file just as you attached the image.
        The study window opens because the efs is generating an error on startup so it defaults to non-price study.
        In looking closer at the image you posted I see you are missing a { in the following line
        else setBarBgColor(Color.yellow);
        which should be
        else {setBarBgColor(Color.yellow);
        That should fix the error. Remove the efs from the chart and then load it again.
        Alex

Comment

Thanks Alex, it worked.

(Now back to 'decoding' the efs in the Hi/Lo Lines thread, so I can get alerts when Nasdaq tick, trin and voldq break intraday highs and lows).

Regards
          shaeffer
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X