Tick crossing zero alert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tick crossing zero alert

I am trying to get an alert (via the Triggered Alert List) when $tickq crosses above or below zero on my 5 minute chart.

I'm not even sure now what efs's I merged to get the one below, but something is wrong because I get the "crossing up above zero" alert often (even when its crossing down), but never the "crossing below zero" alert.

Any ideas where I've gone wrong?

Thanks
    shaeffer
    Attached Files

Hello shaeffer,

Add the following global variable and change your if statements to reference vTick1 instead of vTick,-1.

var vTick1 = getValue("Close", -1);
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Hi Jason,

I entered your global variable suggestion into line#3 (I thought I read that global variables have to be outside main or premain), but got an error "getValue() can only be called in main()". So I moved it into main, and get no errors, but also no Triggered Alert.

Did I enter this wrong?

Regards
      shaeffer
      Attached Files

Comment

Another weird thing happening is that the top lighter green background extends further to the right than the other background colors? Any idea why?
        Attached Files

Comment

On a whim, I eliminated setComputeOnClose(), which seems to have solved both problems. The alert now triggers, and the background colors now line up on the right side.

I guess it was conflicting with the getValue("Close") commands.

Comment

Working...
          X