Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• efs DDE

Hi,

I would like to get all indicator values via DDE into an Excel Spreadsheet. Especially the Volatility Indicators, f.e. ATR.

In my opinion it would be a nice feature if esignal allows all bulit in indicators to be exported via DDE.
    I have seen of course the excample of DDE output via efs script but I was not able to implement it into the built in ATR indicator.

Any help on this would be appreciated

mkinfosys
    Post the code in which you are trying to implement the DDE and that is not working and someone may be available to help you fix it
    Alex

Comment

ATR DDE

Hey Guys, Any update on the ATR into EXCEL. I tried to insert the ATR into a MA.DDE templant but was unsuccessfull in getting it to activate. If some one gets the time, could they give this one another shot? Thanks

Comment

suremanp1
        Try using the example provided in the DDEOutput Object article in the EFS KnowledgeBase.
        All you need to do is replace study = ema( 10 ); with study = atr( 10 );
        If you run into problems post the code you are working on and someone may be available to help
        Alex

Comment

ddeoutput

having trouble getting ddeoutput to show up properly in excel

attached is study and excel

cell formula returns #name?

cell formula: =eSignal|EFS!movavgGBP A0-FX

Attached Files
          Last edited by pipdaddy2; 12-05-2005, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Hello pipdaddy2,

You cannot have any spaces or special characters in the identifier. For a code example of how to parse out spaces and special characters from the getSymbol() result, please see this thread.
            Jason K.
            Project Manager
            eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
            JavaScript for EFS Video Series
            EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
            EFS Glossary
            Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

ddeoutput

thanks for the pointer but im still having trouble getting output to excel . could you modify the study i posted to correctly output to excel. i have several studies to output to excel. if i had one that worked, it would be easier to learn to modify others. im a newbie at this.

trying to output to forex symbols

ie: GBP A0-FX

Comment

Hello pipdaddy2,

The code example I pointed you to is a working example. However, it is not replacing dashes (i.e. "-"). You may just need to add another line of code similar to the other .replace() statements. It should look like this: sName = String.replace("-", "");

Try adding that line and if you are still having trouble, post your formula here and I'll help guide you through the necessary corrections.
                Jason K.
                Project Manager
                eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
                JavaScript for EFS Video Series
                EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
                EFS Glossary
                Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Working...
                X