Inverse TRINQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inverse TRINQ

I've been able to plot the inverse of $Trinq, but how do I remove the basic (non-inverted) trinq plot?

Thanks
    shaeffer
    Attached Files

shaeffer
    You don't necessarily need an efs to invert $TRINQ. Use the following expression as the symbol and you will get the same result as with your efs
    $TRINQ /$TRINQ /$TRINQ
    (note the spaces before the operator sign)
    This way you can also run any study directly on the chart
    Alex

Comment

Amazing, thanx Alex

Comment

Alex,

With Ver 7.9, my $TRINQ /$TRINQ /$TRINQ chart will no longer load data (though I can view $TRINQ).

Has 7.9 changed anything that prevents this way of viewing inverse $TRINQ. Are you able to view it?

Thanks
        shaeffer

Comment

shaeffer
          The new spread engine in 7.9 requires that a space be put before and after the operator ie $TRINQ / $TRINQ / $TRINQ.
          Having said that the new spread engine now allows you to avoid the workaround that was otherwise required and insert directly 1 / $TRINQ to invert the symbol.
          You can also save the spread with a name of your choice so that you do not need to type it every time. To do that select Tools->Spread Symbol Settings from the main menu
          Alex

Comment

Hi Alex,

I'm getting a plot now, thanks

But now my (5 minute) one-day-only time template doesn't work for this anymore. Instead I'm getting today plus the previous 3 days of data. Yet this same time template is giving me one day only of data for $tickq and $Voldq, as always.

And instead of first day data for $trinq starting at 6:30 pst, its starting at 7:30. And there's a gap on the right side of the chart, even after using the 'Home' key

Something weird is going on here?!?!

Can you view one-day-only of data for $trinq, starting at 9:30 est?

Regards
            shaeffer

Comment

shaeffer
              See this thread on the issue
              Alex

Comment

Thanks again Alexis,

Hmmm, $TRINQ works ok (starts at 6:30 est, with one day only of data). So 1/$Trinq must be more than just an inverse calc - you mentioned the new spread engine, but I trade only stocks, not futures, so I don't really understand what 1/$Trinq is doing(and guess I don't need to).

I just want to view the inverse of $TRINQ so up is bullish and down is bearish, same as tickq and voldq. I suppose an efs could give me the inverse plot today, but per the thread you referenced, I'll watch for the fix.

Cheers
                shaeffer

Comment

shaeffer
                  1 / $TRINQ is just a mathematical equation used to invert the value. That is the same as doing $TRINQ / $TRINQ / $TRINQ in version 7.8 where the first symbol divided by the second symbol is equal to one. That workaround was necessary in versions 7.8 (or earlier) because those versions could not plot spreads that contained numbers. The new spread engine is instead capable of resolving complex equations and can use numbers so you no longer need that workaround.
                  Alex

Comment

Hi Alexis,

Ok, so 1 / $TRINQ is just simple math. I guess what confused me was mention of the 'spread engine' - it sounded like something that calculated the difference between cash and futures.

Is the spread engine some generic math module within the eSignal system? Even then, I thought as a rule, eSignal just transmitted raw data, so the 1/x calc would occur on my computer?

Regards
                    shaeffer

Comment

shaeffer
                      The spread engine is a module in the application that allows you to create composite symbols which can be the result of simple or complex spreads/equations between two or more securities and/or numerical constants
                      You can assign a name of your choice to these spreads/equations which you can then use to call them in a chart, quote window, etc. In your case you would create the equation 1 / $TRINQ in the Spread Symbol Settings tool and call it for example MYTRIN. At that point to create the chart for the inverted $TRINQ you would simply use MYTRIN as the symbol
                      Hope this helps
                      Alex

Comment

Yes, a very helpful, informative reply.
                        Much appreciated, Alexis
                        Best regards
                        shaeffer

Comment

Inverse $Trinq

I input the Symbol "1 / $trinq" to view an intraday chart of the inverse of $trinq. I use a time template to try to restrict this chart to regualr market hours for one day only. But for some reason I get data for multiple days. Is there another way to restrict this to one day only?

Thanks
                          shaeffer

Comment

shaeffer
                            If I remember correctly this issue has been reported also by others and eSignal has indicated that it would be fixed in one of the upcoming builds. I don't believe there is a workaround at this time.
                            Alex

Comment

Inverse TRINQ EFS

Recently my 5 minute chart using symbol 1/ $Trinq just stops updating as of noon est. So I want to try an EFS to calculate and plot the Trinq inverse.

But I don't want to add this Inverse Trinq EFS to another chart - all I want to see is it alone. Can this be done, or does an EFS have to be added to a chart with some other symbol?

Thanks
                              shaeffer

Comment

Working...
                              X