EFS Charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EFS Charts

1) On a 1 minute EFS study, the default time is labeling every 30 minutes. I add a vertical line using line tools every 10 minutes. Is there an example of automating this inside of the study so I can stop doing it manually?

2) Is there an example of taking two EFS studies on different time frames and presenting them on one chart? An example is taking a ten minute period and adding it to a 5 minute period while creating a linear point in between the 2 ten minute points so all points correspond and could be added together to form a new continuous line.

As always, your help is greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Alan

Alan
    Click here and download timemarker.efs.
    The script will mark the bars at user defined intervals (default is every 30 minutes), it includes a time offset option to display on the chart a time other than local, allows you to select whether to display vertical lines and also whether to display the offset time in the Cursor Window.
    Alex

Comment

Alex,

Thank you for the program reference. I added this to my chart and it works great. In a second copy I set the price study to false and the time increment to 10 minutes and added it as a second efs which plots below the chart and it plots the times at 10 minute intervals on the efs but does not plot vertical lines. How do I add vertical lines on the efs?

Thank you for the help.

Best Regards,

Alan

Comment

Alan
        The lines will not draw unless there is some value returned to the window. You may want to try replacing return z+""; with return new Array (0,10,z+"");
        Once you apply that change the lines should draw
        Alex

Comment

Time plotter

Alex,

Does this mean I need to merge your time plotting program into my existing efs for the time lines to plot inside of the existing efs which plots below the chart?

Best Regards,

Alan

Comment

Alan
            Not necessarily. Apply che change I suggested to the non-price study version of the time marker efs and then overlay it onto your study
            Alex

Comment

Computer Problems

Alex,

I am in the middle of migrating to a new computer. I can enter the forum from my old computer with no problems. When i use the new one I get to the point of trying to post a response and the box at the lower left says "may not" for all lines like posting, responding etc. What have I done wrong?

As always your help is greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Alan

Comment

Alan
                Other than that the new system is somehow not accepting cookies I cannot think of a reason why you would be having this issue. If the problem persists I would suggest that you redirect your question to eSignal.
                Alex

Comment

TimeMaker

Alex,

I tried to use timemaker on an oscillator chart which centers data like a sine wave above and below 0.0. It only plots lines above 0.0. How do I modify it to plot lines above and below 0.0 and automatically match the scale of the oscillator?

Best Regards,

Alan

Comment

Alan
                    Change the second parameter in drawLineRelative to a negative number of your choice
                    Alex

Comment

Chart Modification

Alex,

Your last suggestion worked great on timemaker.

Could you suggest an existing efs study which would guide me on how to calculate values on one time frame ( 10 minute intervals ) and after the 10 minute data point is calculated, converting this to a 5 minute chart. The intermediate point would be the simple average of n ( the last 10 minute data point ) and n-1, ( the second to last 10 minute data point). Even if there are several efs studies which would require me to merge them together it would be very helpful!

Best Regards,

Alan

Comment

Alan
                        I would suggest running a search for multiple intervals or similar keywords as this topic has been covered in several threads. Note that with the current version of the efs language writing scripts that handle multiple time frames is one of the most complex tasks. FWIW efs2 which is currently in pre-beta (eSignal has tentatively indicated a March/April release) will greatly simplify this process
                        Alex

Comment

Moving averages

Alex,

Thank you for the help.

Best Regards,

Alan

Comment

Working...
                          X