ROC of ADX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ROC of ADX

One of the studies I use is a histogram ADX with a MA signal line. To visualize changes in the ADX for n- number of bars I would like to have the possibility of an (additional) line in the ADX study pointing out the direction of change on s short term.
    I am thinking of a ROC of the ADX, whereby I can edit the number of bars for the ROC. Would any programmer familiar with eSignal be so kind to advise me? Or is a study like this already available (I did not find it on my search in the EFS database). Your help would be very much appreciated.

Jan
    FWIW you can easily do that as a study on study using the Formula Wizard.
    For instructions on how to use the Formula Wizard (including writing studies on studies) see the Formula Wizard Guide in the EFS KnowledgeBase
    Alex

Comment

ROC of ADX

Hi Alex,

thanks for your reply. Yes. I agree, the formula wizard is a wonderful tool to help non-programmers like myself. But I did not manage to get what I wanted.
      I would like to use my existing ADX/DMI (5,5 - which uses a color histogram with a signal line). Then the ROC should go down when the ADX decreases and up as it increases, calculated over the last one or two bars - it would be nice if I could "edit" this setting. Also, it would be nice if this movement of the ROC is visually clear, for example going through a 0 - line.
      With kind regards

Comment

Jan
        If your existing ADX study is written using the builtin study then the Formula Wizard should help you define the required syntax for a study on study even if you are not going to use it in the same exact way. You can also use as an example ROCofMA.efs which is available here. All you would need to do in this case is replace the MA Study object with the ADX study object.
        If instead the ADX does not use the builtin then you may want to see the roc.efs you have in the Library subfolders of Formulas and use that as an example.
        Alex

Comment

Working...
        X