Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are the return values from main() shown only with 2 decimals ?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are the return values from main() shown only with 2 decimals ?????

Hi guys,

After more or less completing my programming orgy I recognized that all my return values from main() are shown only with 2 decimals on the charts respectively the cursor window (i hope thats the correct name).

Is there a way to force esignal to show more precision than only 2 decimals - especially in the cursor window, but if possible even in the chartwindow ?

BTW, using DebugPrintln() shows the correct values (all decimals)!!!!!

What am I doing wrong ???

Regards,
    EZ-T

Hello EZ-T,

You can force decimals to appear in the cursor window by applying .toFixed(4)*1 to any number you are returning to the chart. The .toFixed() method converts the result to a string. Just multiply by 1 to convert it back to a number so it will display on the chart.

This won't affect the decimals that appear on the y-axis of the chart however. We currently do not have control over that through EFS. You could try the "Show Full Price Precision" option under File-->Preferences on the General tab.
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Jason

Another method users may commonly see in use for converting a number to a string for display in the CursorWindow and not as a plot id to add two " to the number

return(number+"")

Returns the value of the variable number to the CW and does not plot the variable on the chart.

Comment

thanx, will have a look at it now!!!

best regards to both of you dloomis+jasonk

EZ-T

Comment

Working...
        X