COMPQ Volume with no MA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COMPQ Volume with no MA

I am using the attached EFS to view Nasdaq intraday volume, but I don't want to see the included moving average.

By changing the final statement to "return(vValue);" this MA is not plotted, so visually I have what I want. But it bugs me that the MA is being calculated (even though I expect it takes next to no computer power to do so). So I've been trying to edit out the unnecessary statements, with no luck.

I think I no longer need an array, but for some reason the calc of vValue in lines 47-50 uses the array, which in turn uses nLength (needed to define the MA). I can't seem to be able eliminate the array and MA calcs to clean up this efs.

As I said, it is working for me. But if someone that enjoys this stuff can clean it up for me, I'd appreciate it and I'd learn something about arrays.

Thanks
    shaeffer
    Attached Files

I hope this is right...

Your only return value is .... vValue.

vValue = c-o.

So the only lines you need ar 37, 38 and 42 plus some of the other ancillary lines.

45 - 65 are not needed to calculated vValue.

Comment

Well David,

That's what I thought yesterday. Your reply spurred me to try it again, and today it worked! So thanks for the clarity.

shaeffer
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X