Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DLL From Visual Basic - Continued

Hi,

carrying on from a previous discussion last year, is there actually a way to access a ActiveX visual basic dll from EFS?

I don't really want to change to delphi etc as suggested...

As other windows apps are able to access it, there must be a way for EFS to do so as well...I would have thought.

Rene'.

Hi Rene:

As far as I know, the problem still exists....primarily because VB DLLs are activeX objects rather than static DLLs. So they may be called DLLs, but for all intents and purposes they really are not DLLs at all. Here is a link to a page I found that discusses the issue and possible workarounds:

Article

Chris

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

Do you know if a delphi dll, vc++ dll or similar can call a vb dll.

It's a bit of a round about way, but I thought that perhaps I can create a delphi dll with a single utility function, which in turn calls a visual basic utility function in a dll, which contains a parameter that identifies the actual VB function required.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Rene'.

Comment

Rene:

I'm sure that you could do that, but it would end up being a roundabout way of accomplishing the task. You would probably be better off simply coding the logic in either C or Delphi from the outset.

Chris

Comment

Chris:

Thanks for your reply.

I have a trade position program I created in VB to enter and track my positions and stops etc.
          I update my stops intraday and wanted to display them on the chart as well.

Currently I have not found a way to manually entry stops on the chart and track their progress visually.

In fact, I think there is very little support for stops in esigal and no way of manually entering price values for plots etc

I have though about creating arrays in EFS to try and accomplish this task and using the file read/write routines for each day etc...

In any event, I though it would be handy for eSignal to just query my program what stop value it should plot for a given date & time.

As you can understand, I don't want to re-code my entire program just to get it to talk to EFS

Has noboddy ever wanted to place manual price plots on the chart...................? I have searched the forum high and low for any clues and could only come up with the DLL idea.

Rene'.

Comment

Working...
          X