Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$TRIN / $ADV....etc for the DOW 30? - and - WEIGHTED $TICK / $TRIN?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $TRIN / $ADV....etc for the DOW 30? - and - WEIGHTED $TICK / $TRIN?

Hi all,

Does anyone have advice on the following :

1) Does eSignal (or anyone else) create more Market Statistics for the Dow Jones 30 Index other than the $TICKI?
    (eg - $TRIN / $ADV / $DECL / $VOLD....etc)

2) Has a WEIGHTED $TICK ever been created -

EG - a $TICK / $TICKI where the each individual stocks up/down tick movements are weighted (in whatever form) in proprtion to the market cap (NYSE) - or Price Weight (Dow - could be easier as theres only 30 issues) of the stock itself
    - and then all the stocks are compiled to create the final Weighted Cumulative Tick?.

Thus the Weighted Tick would be able to identify if there is serious power behind the stocks moving it.

I have no idea if this is a practical idea - but i thought it was worth a mention at the very least!

Thanks,
    Paul

Paul
    For some of the Indices and market statistics you may want to check the Symbol guide at the following link
    http://www.esignalcentral.com/suppor...ol/default.asp
    or click on Research->All New Symbol Guide in the Main menu of the application
    Alex

Comment

Hi Alexis - thanks for your reply.

I studied the complete A - Z Index a couple of months ago (hunting for the crucial Lead-Lag replationships!), but didnt find the symbols i suggested. I also typed in the symbols (eg - $TRINI) to test - just in case they were not listed - but no results were found.

I'll keep checking back just in case new symbols are added in future.

Thanks,
      Paul

Comment

Quote.com has some really nice breadth statistics they keep on several indexes. It is the ONLY thing I missed when I switched from them to eSignal.

One of the reasons I want to be able to have access to MANY symbols via EFS is to recreate a few of these. But lacking that maybe eSignal can look at quote.com breadth stats and reproduce them for their clients.
        Garth

Comment

Hi Garth,

eSignal create the $TICKI and the majority of the other Market Statistics i mentioned, so adding more statistics to the range will be a great bonus for existing customers and a potential attraction for new ones. I'd also love to see the results that the Weighted $Ticks / $Trins would produce - and with the Dow being 30 stocks its a nice size to compile a test on.

I found today the NYSE Ordertrac website - http://marketrac.nyse.com/ot/ot.html
          - its a real nice overview of the NYSE / DOW / S&P500 market orderbooks - only updates every 5mins, but its free to view.

Paul

Comment

Great suggestion. The "Breadthalizer" statistics from Quote.com are pretty unique. I will pass this along to our Product Development Team ([email protected]).
            Regards,
            Jay F.
            Product Manager

Comment

Hi Jay,
              Can eSignal supply the .efs coding for the calculation of the $TICK (or $TICKI) / $TRIN etc, and the .efs coding for the calculation of the DOW 30?
              regards,
              Paul

Comment

Paul,

There is a 3 symbol limit within EFS, so these calculations are not possible on a broad basis by programming them into EFS. In order to add these breadth indicators, we would need to create the symbols on our end and insert them into our feed. Basically, it will be awhile before this can be possible.
                Regards,
                Jay F.
                Product Manager

Comment

Hi Jay,

I'd really appreciate some help with the following efs study :

You mentioned that there is a 3 symbol limit within EFS (soon to be increased? - do you have any updates on this?)......

1) is it possible to combine a certain property from each of the three individual symbols (eg - price change /or/ a weighting /or/ volume etc) that would be computed on each stocks close price based on an uptick or downtick...(eg - a weighted tick)

2)....and then a final "cumulative total figure" will be produced based on all of the 3 stocks, which can then be charted / analyzed?

Basically a mini breadth indicator for the 3 stocks (or for more stocks if the symbol limit is increased), based on property criteria (see above) defined by the user, which can be changed for testing purposes?

It seems that all of the resources are already present within eSignal to to this - how easy it is to do (or has anyone done this already?) is a question i'll leave to the experts, like yourself.

Thanks a lot.

Paul

Comment

Working...
                  X