Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Value for percetK & percentD Stoch

Hello

Attached is the way the stochastic is calculated there are variable in the EFS that I'm tring to find out the value for each "percentK" and "percentD".

After the for loop finishes then "percentK" is divided by 3 and "percentD" is divided by 5. I'm trying to find each values before it's divided.

THE PROBLEM

I can use this EFS to do that but it's very heavy on the CPU and it's going to kill my computer once I put it on all my charts.

Is there a way this code can be more efficient or is there another way I can find percentK and percentD?

Thank you

Ketoma
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ketoma21; 02-03-2005, 02:24 PM.

Ketoma
    Is there any particular reason you need to use this stochastic study as opposed to the builtin version which is going to be far more efficient?
    Alex

Comment

actually yes there a different calculation I'm interested in not the Stoch.

If you open the EFS you will understand what I need

I don't need the Stoch vaules I need something before
      Last edited by ketoma21; 02-03-2005, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Ketoma
        Unless I am mistaken percentK and percentD are the same values you would get running a stochastic(15,1,3) where percentK would be the equivalent of Stochastic FAST and percentD would be Stochastic SLOW.
        Alex

Comment

Thank you very much Alexis but here is what I'm trying to do.

This is half way I still have to do %d which I still have to find a way.
          Attached Files

Comment

kind of shows reversal
            Attached Files
            Last edited by ketoma21; 02-03-2005, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Ketoma
              As I said in my prior reply those values of percentK that you are retrieving are simply the raw Stochastic%K (ie the FAST line of a 15,1,3 Stochastic study) with the same plot then shifted forwards by 1 and 2 periods.
              The percentD that you want to retrieve is also just the Stochastic%D (ie the SLOW line) of the same study.
              Attached you can find a study written using the builtin Stochastic that plots the same exact lines as yours (notice in the Cursor Window the matching values). In the script I also indicate what value you need to offset to obtain the three percentD lines.
              As an aside the attached study is far more efficient than the one you posted. You may want to compare it using the EFS Performance Monitor.
              Alex

Attached Files

Comment

Thank you so so so much for this one Alexis, I really needed these numbers. I really thought I ran into a wall with this one but of course Alexis is out there watching over us, hahahahaha.

Thank you again

Ketoma

Comment

Ketoma
                  You are most welcome and I am glad to hear it was useful
                  Alex

Comment

Working...
                  X