X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how i get the last tick-price in a Renko or PB chart

Hi,

i try to get the last incoming tickprice in my *.efs, which I use in a PB-chart.

I tryed the close(), but i get only the last size from the PB-candle (or the Renko-brick). but not the last traded tickvalue.

Same problem, if I use the getValue(), it works also with the last bar.

How can i get the traded value in a PB or Renko-chart?

Torso

Torso
    Use getMostRecentTrade()
    Alex

Comment

Thanks

thanks Alexis,

it works now fine

Torso

Comment

Dynamic Indicator Drawing on Renko

Alexis,

I'm using the following study on my renko charts, and was wondering how I would modify it to have the indicator display the 'development' of the current bar as price changes...meaning, I'd like to have the output of the indicator dynamically being updated with the ticks, like the CCI is on a candle chart. I don't want to wait for time period to end to see how the indicator is shaping up. Can it be done?

function main(WomoLEN, TSI, SMOOTH)
        {
        if (WomoLEN == null) WomoLEN = 3;
        if (TSI == null) TSI = 3;
        if (SMOOTH == null) SMOOTH = 1;
        var len = WomoLEN;
        var BarPlus = SMOOTH;

var i = 0;
        var vPrice;
        var joy = new Array(TSI+1);
        var vCCI = new Array(TSI+1);

var j = 0;
        var i = 0;
        var vSum = 0.0;
        var vSum2 = 0.0;
        var vValue;
        var vValue2;
        var moo = TSI+len;

vValue = getValue("Close", 0, -moo);
        vValue2 = getValue("Open", 0, -moo);

for(j = 0; j < TSI; j++)
        {
        for(i = j; i < (len + j); i++) {
        vSum2 += vValue[i] - vValue2[i];
        }
        joy[j] = vSum2 / len;
        }

//-----------------------------------------------
        //-----------------------------------------------
        var Num1 = 0.0;
        var Num2 = 0.0;
        var SumBars = len * (len - 1) * 0.5;
        var SumSqrBars = (len - 1) * len * (2 * len - 1) / 6;
        var SumY = 0.0;
        var Sum1 = 0.0;
        var Sum2 = 0.0;
        var Slope = 0.0;
        var Intercept = 0.0;

var i = 0;
        for (i = 0; i < TSI; i++)
        {
        SumY += joy[i];
        Sum1 += i * joy[i];
        }

Sum2 = SumBars * SumY;
        Num1 = len * Sum1 - Sum2;
        Num2 = SumBars * SumBars - len * SumSqrBars;

if (Num2 != 0) Slope = Num1 / Num2;
        Intercept = (SumY - Slope * SumBars) / len;
        var WomoVal = Intercept + Slope * (len - 1 - BarPlus);

return (WomoVal);
        }

Comment

whizz
          I don't think it is possible using a Renko chart but I am not positive. You may want to ask Chris [Kryza] as he has done some work on emulating Renko charts on bar charts.
          Alex

Comment

Alexis,

I stared at his code for awhile, but I just couldn't think of how to get it done without pushing and popping renko values out of an array and through the indicator calculations....it's beyond my scope to be nesting arrays and running calculations on them.

I initially thought of using a combination of your code for the renko-box.efs (shows ghost boxes of real ticks between updates) and my code, but couldn't figure out how to make the changes to the code.

Thanks though.
            Cheers.
            V

Comment

Assuming I understand the question correctly, Alex is correct in that it could not be done with the built-in Renko chart because any indicator will be based on the bars as currently displayed and, for all intents and purposes, the developing bar is not being recorded. The only way I can think of doing this would be to create a library function that emulates the renko process while run on a regular bar/candle chart. The series returned by this function could be fed into any indicator and update the indicator to show its value as the current renko bar is building. Sounds easy but I'm not sure. I will take a look at building the function.

Chris

Comment

What is the Status

Hello Chris,

What is the status of this?

Thanks for your Time
                EK

Comment

Have not had a chance to look into a library. In re-reading your original message, however, why couldn't you use the Renko script that I created instead of the eSignal Renko chart? If you load the Renko script into a regular bar chart, it will show you the Renko information as an overlay but has the added advantage of allowing you to load other indicators.... and those indicators will update with the underlying price rather than the Renko.

Renko script is here:

http://share.esignal.com/groupconten...rt&groupid=114

Chris

Comment

Chris,
                    the reason for using esignal's (barely-working) version of renko is because I use trendlines on the indicators for about 25% of my signals, something that would be hard to do on a standard chart because extended periods of chop would flatten out the peaks/valleys of indicators and make trendlines difficult to see or draw:

Comment

Ok, I understand now. You want to run certain indicators in the context of the Renko chart (e.g., trendlines, etc.) but you also would like to run certain other indicators in the same chart, BUT in the context of the underlying price series and NOT in the context of the Renko.

As far as I know, that is just not doable at this time because anything loaded into an eSignal Renko chart (library or otherwise) is going to run and update in the context of the Renko and there is no way to bypass that (at least that I am aware of). Perhaps someone else has found a workaround for this and can provide some advice.

Chris

Comment

Chris,

Actually, I don't need to run any indicators on the underlying candle chart, I trade strictly off Renko.

The reason I've been interested in an alternate to the Esignal Renko is

1. the standard renko doesn't update properly and NEVER has. Yes it's a bug, and yes esignal development has been aware of it for years, but they seem more interested in added complex bells and whistles to the product rather than fix a known bug. By updating properly, I mean that I have to hit refresh on the chart every minute because the chart displays 'screwy' lines if I don't. I've documented this on several discussion boards, and esignal development has maintained that "they are aware of this problem". (that's so comforting).

2. I trade several different ways, one is pure scalp mode on a 2-box, 1 minute renko of Dow Futures. If I could get my indicators built in realtime rather than at the end of the period I can snag a few extra points at entry/exit when there is strong momentum. Right now I have to guess-timate if I'll get a signal at the end of the time period, and in strong moves that can mean the difference of 5+ YM points.

Hope that explains it a wee bit more concisely.

Thanks.
                        Last edited by whizz; 08-16-2005, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X