Alert (audio) when MA's cross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alert (audio) when MA's cross

I'd like to have an alert triggered when my 2 moving averages cross on my charts. How can I do this...is there a formula available?

I'm using the Jurik Research MA's so I would like the alert to be triggered from these. I have 5 min charts set up but assume the chart duration would be not matter. I would like the alert to work on all time frames.

Anyone?? Thanks!
    Last edited by bugscoe; 02-15-2005, 02:05 PM.

bugscoe
    See this thread
    Alex

Comment

Alex, thanks! How can I change 1). the color, which is lime green - my chart was black until adding this efs. I would prefer the background color not change as part of the formula. and 2). the JMA durations?

I would prefer a 5 min and a 20 min.
      Last edited by bugscoe; 02-15-2005, 02:22 PM.

Comment

bugscoe
        As to the background color open the efs with the Editor and insert // at the beginning of lines 193 and 194. This will comment out those lines.
        With regards to duration I am not sure what you mean. As far as I can see all the available user defined parameters can be set through Edit Studies.
        FYI I do not have the Jurik Studies and cannot run the efs so I would suggest that you redirect any further question/requests to the person who wrote the script in the first place (all I did was add the logic to trigger the alerts)
        Alex

Comment

Alex, thanks...got the color dealt with!

What I meant on the duration was being able to change, say to a 5 day MA to a 10 day MA.

Could you point out for me what lines I need to edit to change this?

Comment

bugscoe
            Those are just the default settings and you can change them (together with the other settings) at any time through Edit Studies. To do this right click the chart, select Edit Studies and from the dropdown list select the appropriate study.
            If instead you want to change the hard coded defaults then those are defined in lines 46 and 70 of the script
            Alex

Comment

Ok, thanks Alex!

Comment

Working...
              X