Color Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Color Control

When a chart has 2 or more intersecting different colored lines, how can you control which line plots on top and hides the color of the one below it? As an example, with yellow and black lines, how can I specify the intersection to look like either a continuous yellow or continuous black line?

Best Regards,

Alan

Hello Alan,

The order is determined by the order in your return statement in main(). The last element returned will always be on top of the others.
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Jason,

Thank you for the help. Have a great day.

Best Regards,

Alan

Comment

I do not wish to change directions of this thread but the header seamed appropriate.

I am new to eSignal and efs. I have some rudimentary programming experience. That was a looong time ago and I am not surprised at how much rust I have to knock off from lack of use in this area.

Would someone point me in the direction as to where to find the color pallet for the efs. What I mean by that is this. I have been looking at different efs with the editor and I see colors stated two different ways,
        (Color.RGB(0,0,255)
        and
        (Color.brown,.

Where can I find a table or list for the RGB values and the color of that value and or a table or list of the colors stated as brown, red, green ect.? Hopefully this table would state the syntax of a given color. Meaning, is Light Green stated lightgreen or LtGrn.

I am starting to work my way through the efs knowledge base help guide so maybe this post is premature. If so, sorry

Will the help guide show me the different bar styles and their syntax? Will the help guide show me how to put different objects in the price window other than a line and what is acceptable along with the syntax? The formula wizard shows points or diamonds.

That last paragraph is not in line with this thread header. I apologize again. Any help will be greatly appreciated and I thank you in advance.
        Cheers!

Comment

jethro87
          With regards to the color palette you can find the complete list of "plain language" colors here. For the RGB values I would suggest you use the Color Calculator provided by Chris Kryza which is available here in the RGB.zip file.
          As to your other questions most of that information is contained in the EFS KnowledgeBase under EFS Function Reference (see in particular the section Colors, Constants and Flags)
          Hope this helps
          Alex

Comment

Alexis. Thanks for your reply. You pointed me in the right direction and it was a big help.
            Thanks again!

Comment

RGB Table of colors...very easy

http://www.radiomarconi.com/marconi/color/

Comment

Working...
              X