7.9 Crash on loading *Now Resolved*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7.9 Crash on loading *Now Resolved*

i have just downloaded efs2 7.9 beta and when i try to open esignal the platform opens and then it crashes when it starts to load the data, also it will not send the crash report,

anyone else getting this problem.

I didn't have this problem, however there is a small chance this can occur when installing on top of another version of eSignal. I would suggest, you try uninstalling eSignal 7.9 completely per this article. Please note that a complete uninstall will wipe out all your saved work, so be sure to back up any custom files you have created before the complete uninstall.
    Regards,
    Jay F.
    Product Manager

Comment

Does it happen immediately w/o any intervention on your part? ie, something in the page it's loading?

Could you send me the .pg file that you use ? dloy [at] mail.esignal.com

Thanks!

EDIT: The crash reporter should be working again, just turned it on for this version.

Comment

Hm. it looks like this has something to do with the Market Depth server connection. Does your page contain Market Depth windows by any chance?

Thanks.

Comment

same problem

I have the same problem. Can't be market depth, I"m not even subscribed to market depth. It was an install over 2 other versions. I'm going to try a clean install. In my case the crash report seems to be sent.

Comment

FWIW I just installed 7.9 Beta 1 on two machines one of which had been updated through all of the alpha versions and the other which was running 7.8 (albeit modified to run EFS2).
            I am not seeing any problems on either system (and I am running all my usual Layouts which include Market Depth windows)
            Alex

Comment

We've had quite a few users, internal and external install this without problem, but 2 of you having this issue so soon after the beta was posted is unusual and we'll see what we can find out. One thing that would help would be to see if the problem happens as a result of something in your page as you launch or another issue. Can you rename or move the page you normally have on launch so the program won't be able to find it? This should put you into a blank page. If this happens successfully, can you then build a simple page by opening a few window and then save it? Give it a new name and then exit eSignal and come back in to see if the crash is gone.

Whether this solves the problem or not, please send your page file (.pg) that you currently launch with to the address that Dion listed in a previous post so he can take a look at it.

Thank you,

Comment

It looks like some crash reports are now successfully being received which should help find the problem. We'll keep everyone posted as soon as we see what's happening. If we end up needing a new build, I'll get it posted as soon as possible tomorrow.

Thanks,

Comment

update

Through control panel I did an uninstall and then reinstalled. The crash still occurred on the default page. Tomorrow morning I'll try a clean install and report back.

Comment

Hm, just a thought. Could you guys open your Data Manager and see what version is displayed in the Help -> About box ?

(Build 285, 286, 287 ... ?)

EDIT: Also..... any broker plugins (which ones), ActiveX applications using eSignal data ?

Thanks.

Comment

i have just tried the down load on a different computer and i am getting the same problem as last night a crash on start up .

DionLoy
                      the Data Manager seems to be running normally ,

Build no = 287

Comment

i don't know if this will help but i have just tried running a old metastock program through the esignal Data Manager (Build 287)and it is working fine ,

also last night on one occasion one of the advanced charts managed to load before the crash. were as today no data is getting onto the platform before it crashes.

Comment

update

I am trying to do clean install.

ch.new, and winros.fdb did not come up on file search. Neither did dbcapi.dll except the instances in third party app folders.

And, the Esignal folder cannot be deleted, says access is denied.

Can somone please call me to get this back to the old version. I'm doing an online seminar today, with esignal charts for over 100 people. It's gonna look kind of bad if this isnn't corrected by noon eastern time.

Thank you

Comment

please update

I've tried a clean install with no luck. I'll try 7.8. Could someone please repsond here from esiganl to let us know what's going on?

This time, when I uninstalled fromo control panel, even the uninstall crashed and was incomplete.

Guys, I really need some help and now, not next week sometime.
                            Last edited by coolmoss; 03-11-2005, 06:16 AM.

Comment

coolmoss
                              if you reinstall version 7.8 it will overwrite version 7.9 and it works fine,

Comment

Working...
                              X