Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Put a dot on oscillator extremes

Hello List,

I just couldn't stay away too long, and have yet another EasyLanguage conversion I'm stumbling through.

How can I code a Fast Stochastics indicator where it will only plot Fast K and will put a dot when it hits an extreme of 100 or zero?

Many thanks in advance as you guys are always helpful.

MCL

MCL
    I think this does what you want.
    You just need to adjust the OB/OS values in lines 47 and 50.
    Also read the comments at the end of lines 48 and 51 as that changes how the dots will appear.
    To change the length of the indicator right click on chart and select Edit Studies.
    Alex
    Attached Files

Comment

Alex,

Once again you've been a big help.

The final indicator has the 80 - 20 overbought, oversold horizontal lines. Is there any way I can prevent them from showing up in the cursor window. All I want to see is the %K value, but now it's giving the static 80 and 20 values for their two horizontal lines.

Thanks,
      MCL

Comment

mc 'key' largo

You must have added some code to Alexis example, because here I get the %K value in the cursor window without any reference to the 80/20 lines.

Do you still have the original stochastic study on the chart? Perhaps this is where the 80/20 vales are coming from?

Comment

Re: Reply to post 'Put a dot on oscillator extremes'

MCL
          I just checked and I am not seeing lines at 80 and 20.
          All I have is the stock%K plot and the dots.
          Alex

Last edited by ACM; 03-22-2003, 10:48 AM.

Comment

MCL
            If however you do want the lines at 80 and 20 here is a version of the prior efs that plots them and does not label them as you can see in the image below
            Alex

Attached Files

Comment

Sorry guys,

I was trying to be an overachiever, and added the 80/20 lines on my own. Of course, I forgot to add that detail. Apologize for the confusion.

Alex, thanks for that post. You've given me a fish and taught me how to fish at the same time. Can it get any better?

MC Largo

Comment

Largo
                You are much too generous. Never the less, thank you very much for the compliments.
                Alex
                Last edited by ACM; 03-25-2003, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X