setGlobalValue() getGlobalValue()

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• setGlobalValue() getGlobalValue()

Can the setGlobalValue()/getGlobalValue() be used to pass array() and or file object. Or are you limited to just scalar values as given in the examples?

scjohn
    Yes it can. See this thread with examples by JasonK and Steve Hare
    FYI I found it by searching for setGlobalValue AND array
    Alex

Comment

At least as of the last time I tested it you could not store objects of any sort in Global Variables.

Chris

Comment

scjohn,

Yes, they can be used to pass one or two dimensional arrays. Two dimensional arrays when passed become one dimensional (twice as long) on the receiving end. I found that passing arrays of objects overcomes that limitation however.

One precaution... if you allow the numbers to have an excessive number of decimal points to the right, I have found you will run into problems. As a result, I ensure the numbers are transmitted with a maximum of 4 decimal points to the right (e.g. Slope.toFixed(4)*1). The toFixed(4) rounds to 4 decimal points and converts the number to a string. The *1 converts the string back into a number.

edit - just posted a code snippet to my fileshare showing how to put together an array of objects
        Last edited by Guest; 03-23-2005, 08:20 AM.

Comment

Oops, looks like I stand corrected by Alex

Chris

Comment

Working...
          X