reloading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

reloading

that sounds logical, but the syntax is going to get me, I've attached the macd EFS I'm speaking of, if you could help me through that simple example I think I can repeat it elsewhere

thanks
    Jim
    Attached Files

Comment

Here you go...

All you needed to do was add the setComputeOnClose(true) statement.

This should do it...

B
      Attached Files
      Brad Matheny
      eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

reloading

Well that works easy enough but I can't help but wunder if there is a way to get a quickier signal and not have arrows drawn on top of arrows. Is it possible to wrtie an EFS that would draw an arrow once if signal line is crossed and then "erase" the arrow and redraw the correct one if the signal is reversed? Is there such a thing as "undrawsymbol"
        Jim

Comment

That is the way I suggested doing it from the start. It is much cleaner and allows for a much more straight forward methodology of coding.

Look at my earlier posting for details on the commands.
          Garth

Comment

reloading

wow your right, but I don't think I could manager the syntax, do you have an actual EFS example? How about the before attached MACDC example?

Jim

Comment

Try this, I haven't tested it in RT, but it should work.
              Attached Files
              Garth

Comment

reloading

thanks, I'll give it a try

Comment

reloading

One thing I have noticed is the amount of CPU usage needed, I guess this formula makes it work harder. Does this EFS backcheck every bar on every tick or just the current? and is there a way to limit the checking to just the current bar and previour bar?

Comment

When loading historical data it will check each bar (of course), but for them it should only focus on the current bar in RT. It will use more CPU than the one with setComputeonClose() set, because it does calculate each tick on the current bar, rather than doing a single calculation at the close of a bar. That is the trade off you face, getting signals before the bar close will use more CPU as it has to process data on each tick.
                    Garth

Comment

Working...
                    X