Index Creation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Index Creation

Hi I would like to create my own index chart, by weighting certain constituents with different amounts. Is there such an EFS??

Mike
    You don't necessarily need an efs to do that. You can create a weighted spread directly as a symbol. See this article in the eSignal KnowledgeBase on how to do it.
    Also keep in mind that once version 7.9 (currently in beta) is released the spread engine will become a very sophisticated tool that will allow creating complex expressions
    Alex

Comment

Index Creation

Hi Alexis

What if I just wanted to create a straight weighted index of 100 stocks with no spreads?? Is that possible with EFS2?? How would I would I go about that??

Thanks
      Doug

Comment

Doug
        At this time EFS (and EFS2) can use up to a maximum of 7 symbols
        Alex

Comment

Hi Alex

OK, thanks for the info. I knew EFS couldn't handle it but wasn't sure about EFS2. Do you think Esignal will ever offer such capability??

Thanks
          Doug

Comment

Doug
            That is a question for someone from eSignal to answer as I would not know
            Alex

Comment

Hello Doug,

The basic rules that EFS operates under applies to EFS2 as well. EFS2 is simply our buzz word for our newest collection of EFS extensions.

Creating Indexes or allowing a single EFS formula to access a large number of symbols could quickly overload our data servers with requests. This is why we have a limit on this type of routine. To the best of my knowledge there are no current plans for raising that limit to allow for the creation of indexes or scanners that would require a larger number of symbols. However, feel free to submit a suggestion to our development team at [email protected].
              Jason K.
              Project Manager
              eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
              JavaScript for EFS Video Series
              EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
              EFS Glossary
              Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Working...
              X