highest()/lowest() Bug...EFS2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• highest()/lowest() Bug...EFS2

Ok well I finally jumped in feet first and wanted to test out my code on efs2 in 7.9

Couple of comments

1) Please list all new functions even if they aren't implemented, I've just spent time debugging why my code would not run in 7.9 turned out you have 2 functions which are not documented(or at least I've not seen them in the docs available) which I had my own functions declared.

These are
    highest() and lowest()

When these functions where called in 7.9 it aborted execution from that point.
    I renamed these functions and all seems to be working.

Are you looking to implement these?

2) Execution does seems to be slower than in 7.8. I found in previous releases sometimes the extra time was due to the internal code to read a bar value..dont know if this has changed or not but I noticed it's a bit slower..but still useable..

the highest() and lowest() bug has been fixed, and will appear in the Release Candidate coming out today. If those functions have been declared in your program, they will take precedence over the EFS2 functions.

Comment

Dion,

Thanks..

I did not see these functions listed in the reference, can you point me to the EFS2 internal function highest/lowest?

thx

Comment

Hello philli4093,

They are not included in the documentation yet. They're in the toolbox (click the "T" or f(x) icon in the EFS editor) in the most current beta build. If they're not in your current version, they will be in the next installer.

highest(nBars, Series)

nBars - The number of bars, or periods, to retrieve the highest value from.
        Series - The data Series to retrieve the highest value from.

lowest(nBars, Series)

nBars - The number of bars, or periods, to retrieve the lowest value from.
        Series - The data Series to retrieve the lowest value from.
        Jason K.
        Project Manager
        eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
        JavaScript for EFS Video Series
        EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
        EFS Glossary
        Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Working...
        X