'Slide Show' Chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Slide Show' Chart

I would like to create an EFS for a chart that will present a 'slide-show' of my fav 4 or 5 stocks. In short, I would need an EFS that can pull a stock symbol out of a txt file or quote window, display the stock for 4 to 5 seconds, then pull the next stock symbol, display that stock for another few seconds and repeat this until all stocks in the list have been presented in this slide show manner.

However, I can find the command to read a stock symbol from a list and display it. Can you direct me to the command or existing EFS that may accomplish this read and display stock symbol?

Thanks,

Chip

Hello Chip,

EFS doesn't currently have the ability to programmatically change the chart symbol. To have this feature considered for future development, please submit a suggestion to [email protected].
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

I realize this is a very old thread but I thought it was more appropriate than making a new one.

Since this is now possible can someone tell me how to set it up?

I have a list of 20 or so stocks I would like it to go though. Is it an EFS script that does this or some feature that I cannot find?

Comment

Hello trackstar,

This functionality is not possible and is not likely to be implemented. It would allow for EFS routines that could lead to performance issues in the application and may also lead to excessive demands on the server farm due to the extreme amount of data requests that could be generated from the EFS environment. This is one of the main reasons why we have a 7 symbol limit per EFS.
        Jason K.
        Project Manager
        eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
        JavaScript for EFS Video Series
        EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
        EFS Glossary
        Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Oh. Maybe what I saw was some sort of macro setup. Thanks anyway!

Originally posted by JasonK
          Hello trackstar,

This functionality is not possible and is not likely to be implemented. It would allow for EFS routines that could lead to performance issues in the application and may also lead to excessive demands on the server farm due to the extreme amount of data requests that could be generated from the EFS environment. This is one of the main reasons why we have a 7 symbol limit per EFS.

Comment

This can be done with keyboard shortcut keys sent from VB/VBA (maybe vbscript?). Open your first chart manually. Have your VB pgm loop/wait for 5 seconds, do SendKeys with the new symbol you want to show, wait another 5 seconds, etc. X symbol limit(200 for me - depends on subscription), no great load on servers because it is no more load than doing it manually, just done with program. It lets you focus on 200 charts in succession as they go by without all the distraction of manually loading the charts.

Comment

Working...
            X