Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I pass a serial object to Linear Regression?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I pass a serial object to Linear Regression?

How do I call the version of Linear Regression found under Basic Studies? I have tried the customLinearRegression.efs but that plots different than what you get with Linear Regression under Basic studies.

scjohn
    As far as I can see the Linear Regression in Basic Studies and the customLinearRegression.efs are returning the same values to the chart (both are loaded in the chart shown below)
    Alex

Comment

Yes, I agree that the values are correct. But they do not plot the same after the first bar.

I uploaded an image to the EFS2 Beta File share. KP EFS4.png with a description of Linear Regression. The dotted blue lines are plotted by the Basic Linear Regression and the solid blue lines are plotted by custonLinearRegression().

Comment

scjohn
        This has always been the case with the efs version of the Linear Regression study
        There are several ways to resolve this the easiest being to plot the regression channel using drawLineRelative as in the attached script
        Alex
        Attached Files

Comment

Esignal 7.9 is now GOLD
          but ......
          I have two years of programming my trading system in EFS

BIG QUESTION ?
          Will I lose all my programming in EFS, if I upgrade
          to 7.9 with EFS2 ?????
          Larry Dudash
          HAL at
          http://share.esignal.com/groupconten...r=&groupid=549

Comment

Larry
            Based on my personal experience - using many EFS1 formulas written by me or others - you should not lose anything as EFS2 is backwards compatible with EFS1. Actually I believe you stand to gain a lot as you convert your existing library to EFS2 which is considerably more flexible and efficient. Again though this is based on my experience alone
            Alex

Comment

Working...
            X