Truth Volatility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truth Volatility

I dont find "Day Volatility" in the Quote-Windows list, or indicator. Such using (DayHigh-DayLow / Open)
    For example; RIMM ($65.65-$63.30 / $64.61) = 3.6% INTC ($23.62-$23.12 / $23.35) = 2.1%
    The formula tell in average RIMM is more volatile for scalping than INTC

Someone have any idea how to formulate an EFS that take a OHLC and draw result in percent in a bottom studies.
    At best the formula could also use 30min 10m, OHLC bar to draw bottom indicator.

Swinger

Swinger
    The attached efs will calculate the volatility using the equation ((high-low)/open)*100 based on any interval (or symbol). In the image below you can see the chart for INTC and the value of 2.1% that matches your calculation for the daily values on April 28. Note that EFS2 and version 7.9 are required to run this script.
    You may want to spend some time going through the EFS KnowledgeBase and in particular the Help Guides and the recently added section dedicated to the new EFS2 functions.
    Also you may want to see this thread for a description and examples of the efs() function used in the efs
    Alex

Attached Files

Comment

Truth Volatility

Alexis,
      Wow, you did it so well and so fast!
      I got your point on using 30min chart and Daily period for bottom studies. Its easier to read!

There is just one detail. Can I add a linear regression to the bottom chart? That will average the stats.

Or else, how to add to your formula, an average component with a y-axis label.

Thanks very much! Swinger

Comment

Swinger
        FYI you can use that efs on any interval and compute the volatility on any other interval (and/or symbol). For example you could be plotting a 1 min chart and computing the study on a 15 minute interval.
        As to adding a linear regression you can do that using the amLSMA() function that is available in the amStudies Function Library. You can read more about the amStudies Library and the amLSMA() function in this thread. The amLSMA() function can be used in the same way as any of the EFS2 builtin studies.
        Alex

Comment

Working...
        X