EFS2 Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EFS2 Question

Not sure if this question belongs here or under EFS2 Development. If I need to redirect someone just please advise.

Is it possible to display two price plots of the same symbol, but of different intervals on a single advanced chart???

Hello drizzi

Not sure if this will help you but, Alex gave me this efs on a thread here

http://forum.esignalcentral.com/show...7&goto=newpost

...this is basically a 60 min chart with a daily showing. It may or may not work for you.

Another alternative is to use the EFS2 and say use the MA or MACD etc and do not choose a symbol but instead choose the interval. So you could be viewing a daily chart and have a weekly MA or WEEKLY MACD on the daily chart etc. Basically then you could have two price plots on the same chart but it all depends on how exact you need it.

Good luck

Pogman

Comment

Hi Pogman

Thanks for the feedback. That's not exactly what I was looking for since I didn't want to superimpose one on the other. I know I can use EFS2 interval function with various indicators but I was hoping I could actually split the chart horizontally and have a 5m over a 30m in two separate price panels.

For now I will have to settle for using a proxy for price of one or the other timeframes such as you suggest with a MA unless someone offers up any better ideas.

Thanks again
      Doug

Comment

Hi Doug

I would also like to know if you could use a split screen with a 5 min over a 30 min etc. You have a good suggestion there!

Good Luck

Pogman

Comment

Pogman

It doesn't strike me as all that original. I would be very surprised if no one else has played around with the idea or at least asked the question as I have.

If I get any additional feedback I'll let you know.

Regards
          Doug

Comment

Hello Doug,

You can plot external intervals of the chart symbol as non-price studies, but graphicly they won't appear in the same format as a bar or candlestick chart. For example, run the following on a 5 minute chart.

PHP Code:
            function main() {
                return 
            close(inv(15));

Jason K.
            Project Manager
            eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
            JavaScript for EFS Video Series
            EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
            EFS Glossary
            Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Hi Jason

Thanks for the reply. Not exactly what I had in mind. I was thinking that it might be possible to actually sync up and display two actual price charts of different intervals. I think it is possible but it would require some very high end programming. It would have been nice but I'll just have to learn to live without it.

Thanks again

Cheers
              Doug

Comment

Working...
              X