Conversion to EFS2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conversion to EFS2

I am trying to convert my work to EFS2, but many built-in studies are diferent, For example, MACD, Stoch, are available only by their components [MACD, Hist, Signal, K, or D] and I could not find examples of how to use them.

Should we still declare them once, as independent studies, as before, and use getValue to use use them? Can we just call them as we use them? or...?

Note:
    Would have been nice to leave them as they were, to allow a smooth conversion, but some clarifications of how to use them are need it.

Thank you,
    Mihai
    Mihai Buta

Mihai
    As I indicated to you in another reply you can find examples in the EFS 2 Basic and EFS2 Custom folders.
    The required syntax and examples are also available in the Help file which you can access directly from the Formula Editor
    Alex

Comment

Thank you Alex,

As I also indicated to you at that time, there is no "EFS 2 Basic", nor "EFS 2 Custom" folder in the Docs directory of eSignal.

There is only a file about efsInternal that shows how you need to declare two MACD studies instead of one.

If I am not looking in the righ place, please re-direct me.

As I am sure you are aware, performance is also an important consideration. I was hoping that by converting to EFS2 my over 5000 lines of code, I will get faster execution time, because on busy symbols [QQQQ, SMH, etc] or high volume spikes my code is not very efficient [although 98% of the code is executing on NEWBAR only].

I am already using multiuple time intervals for most indicators, except ADX and RSI, where the behaviour is completelly diferent.

Thank you,
      Mihai
      Mihai Buta

Comment

Mihai
        EFS 2 Basic and EFS 2 Custom are subfolders of Formulas and contain respectively a bare-bones version of each study and a fully customizable version of the same.
        Alex

Comment

ok, thank you.

So, as I suspected, the conclusion is that in EFS2 we must declare an independent study for EACH component of the study.

That creates additional overhead and conversion is not trivial. We must re-declare all variables related to studies.

Mihai
          Last edited by mbuta; 05-15-2005, 03:18 PM.
          Mihai Buta

Comment

Working...
          X