Chart MA with multiple time intervals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chart MA with multiple time intervals

I am new to eSignal and having a problem with the attached EFS program I wrote. I have tried researching the problem and finding a solution in the online forums and knowledge base to no avail. I'm not sure what to try next so I'm posting the problem here.

I keep getting an error message in the formula output window that says "line 56: open() can only be called in main()". The weird thing is that if I shut down eSignal restart it and load this formula to a chart I do not get this error. But if I start changing the chart's time interval I sometimes get the error and then keep getting it until I close eSignal and restart it again.

For example if I:
    Start eSignal and select symbol QQQQ and the 60 minute time interval Then I load formula test7.efs and I get the 3 moving average lines (no problem)
    Then I changed the interval to 30 minutes. Again no problem.
    Then I changed the interval on the chart to 5 minutes and I get that error "line 56: open() can only be called in main()"
    If I try changing the interval back to 30 or 60 minutes I keep getting that error in the formula output window

Any ideas what is happening and what changes I need to make. Or any better suggestions for how to chart moving averages with different time time intervals on the same chart.

Thanks,
    Pete
    Attached Files

Pete
    Although it may at times work you should not apply the construct generated by the Formula Wizard when using EFS2 studies. In the case of your script move the contents of lines 9 to 11 and paste them in line 52 and you should see the efs work correctly all the time
    Alex

Comment

Working...
    X