loading previous data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• loading previous data

Some of the EFS scripts that I use require data from previous days to do their calculations. When I load a script, how can I check or force eSignal to fetch at least (say) 3 days previous data so that I have enough data to work with?

Also, is there a way to check the time template that's being applied to see if it is too restrictive and preventing my script from fetching some of the data that it needs to work with.

Thanks.
    Standing on the shoulders of giants.

Sorry...

There is no way to fetch a time template or to insure the user has selected enough data for your script. You just have to code your script to handle all potential instances of use.

B
    Brad Matheny
    eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

Thanks Doji - that's helpful.

Is there a standard way of letting the user know what is wrong?

At the moment (from your suggestion) I change the title of the EFS such that it has the EFS' name followed by an error message explaining what is wrong. I'd like to add much more text but this I feel would be better on a web page.

Can you hyperlink the text in the setStudyTitle() function such that you can just say "double click here for possible solutions..." instead of trying to explain in the EFS?

Thanks.

Comment

Hello Wildfiction,

We don't have the ability to hyperlink the study title currently. What you can do is draw a text object on the chart using the RELATIVETOBOTTOM/RELATIVETOLEFT flags. That text can be hyperlinked to open your custom web page. In the text parameter for drawLineRelative add "@URL=http://www.yourwebsite.com/help.htm" to your text message. A single click will launch the specified url in the users browser.

drawTextAbsolute(15, 15, "Click Here@URL=http://www.yourwebsite.com/help.htm", ....
        Jason K.
        Project Manager
        eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
        JavaScript for EFS Video Series
        EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
        EFS Glossary
        Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

That works well - thanks Jason.

I'm using clearText() to remove it but the documentation says that clearText() removes all text objects written by drawTextAbsolute(). Is there a function that just removes the text with the tag assigned during drawTextAbsolute().

Thnks.

Comment

Hello Wildfiction,

Yes, see removeText( tagID ).
            Jason K.
            Project Manager
            eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
            JavaScript for EFS Video Series
            EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
            EFS Glossary
            Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Could have sworn that I looked for that. Just looked again and found it in both function help and normal help.

My apologies for wasthing your time and many thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X