Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dinamic rays

Hallo

My name is Kobus and I am quite new to EFS.

I got a very simple indicator that basically check if the high of the previous bar and the high of the subsequint bar is lower and then put a dot on top of the high bar, the same for the lows.

My question is, how do I get the last dot to connect to the previous dot and extend it into the future (in other words a RAY). Further more for the high dots, it must only connect to the previous dot that is higher than the current dot and for the low dots it must only connect to a previous dot that is lower than the latest low dot.

Does this make sense?

I attach my current code.

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards

KObus
    Attached Files

Try this...

I created the "graphics" routines to handle what you want, but there is a better way to handle this (with arrays)..

I just created "hard coded" routines to draw the lines. There is a variable called "intothefuture" which is set to 10. This is the value to draw the lines "into the future n bars" - in this case 10.

If this is close, let me know..

B
    Attached Files
    Brad Matheny
    eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

Brad

Thank you for the wonderful work that you have done on this, it works good except for one thing. You got the lines above the price action to point up and the lines below the price action to point down, it should work the other way around.

Will it be difficult to make this change? Sorry if my original mail was unclear. I do realise that you are very busy and appreciate the time and effort you spent helping us.

Thank you

Kobus

Comment

Brad

I changed the > and < around and got it working correct. Thank you again for your help.

Regards

Kobus

Comment

New Code..

Kubos,

You need to change more than that.. Here is the new code..

B
          Attached Files
          Brad Matheny

Comment

Brad

Thank you very much it is working very nicely. Sorry for all the dumb questions, but what is the difference in the way you coded this and when you use arrays?

I notice something else. in the case of lines above the price action it only draw a line if the immediate previous dot is higher. In the case where you want it to search till it find a dot that is higher how will this be done? The same for the lines below. Is this at all possible?

I am a new student in this field and reading through a lot of treads on the board I came across a Swing high/low indicator. I do not know who developed it but it allows you to change the formula parameters. The beauty of it is that you can choose the strength of the swing highs and lows. Is it difficult or at all possible to add these trend lines to it. I attached the Swing high/low indicator in case you want to share your opinion on this.

Regards

Kobus
            Attached Files

Comment

Questions..

Do you want it to "search" for the next (most recent) higher or lower dot? Or how far back do you want to search?

This is what I was saying earlier about using arrays. Using arrays, we can store all of the DOT data (location, price, type) and then create complex comparisons..

Let me know.

B
              Brad Matheny

Comment

Brad

Just to the next available higher or lower dot is good.

Another point, I was trying to subscribe to your Tradetank forum but could not get in. Are you working on the site? When will it be available again? I got messages back saying the site could not be located. Or maybe I got a bad link.

I am really interested in the Tradetank forum and I think the monthly fee is very reasonable.

Thank you

Kobus

Comment

Brad

Just incase my answer to you question was unclear: Your assumption " to search for the next most recent higher or lower dot" is correct. No need to go further back.

Thank you again for your time and effort spent on this, it is much appreciated.

Regards

Kobus

Comment

Dynamic Rays???

The Dynamic Rays are very good. How can the code be altered so that only the rays pointing down are blue and the up rays are red?

Also, having all the rays seems to slow down the program. How can the code be changed so that only the last (X# = some variable input with a default of say 5) of blue or red rays be shown???
                    OpaBert

Comment

OpaBert,

Here is a method to limit the number of historical bars described and demonstrated in this link.

Comment

Here is the new code

I've added the items you wanted using an array of objects..

I've also added a line limit variable..

var LineLimit = 10;

My tradetank.com forum went down a while back and I have to reconstruct it. Hang in there and I'll get it fixed.

B
                        Attached Files
                        Brad Matheny

Comment

Brad

Thank you very, very much. You really did a great job on this. It works perfectly.

You have turned my very elementary attemp into a great Indicator.

I did some study in the last week and if I am not mistaken then this is now basically the De Mark Trendlines.

I will wait impatiently to join your tradetank .com forum when it comes back on line. Any estimate on when that will be?

My manuel trading system consists of 5 indicators, namely: trendlines which previously I had to draw manually, but thanks to your brilliance now draw themselves automatically, MACD, EMA, ADX.DM and Arps Paint permission. I would like to develop this into a system that gives you a signal when a certain relationship exists between the indicators.

Hope this will be possible in the tradetank.

Thank you again and enjoy your weekend.

Regards

Kobus

Comment

You are very welcome..

It was fun creating this for you. I've done so many projects that sometimes jumping on something simple and fun is a "break from the usual".

Have a great holiday weekend..

B
                            Brad Matheny

Comment

Brad

One after thought: Is it possible with this kind of indicator to add a alert/signal when you get the first close above a new blue line and the same when you get a close below the red?

If so, is it very difficult and how would one go about it?

Regards

Kobus

Comment

Working...
                              X