Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time Marker Error Mesage

Good Morning,

In my prior message I referenced an "Apache Tomcat" error message. After several more crashes, speaking with Technical Service and lengthly trial and error searching, there appears to be an issue with the "time marker" EFS provided in file sharing. ( time marker 2004/04/29 9:09:48 PM )

Technical Service indicates Apache Tomcat is a compiler or background processing system and not a file name or file content. When I take a simple chart and add a fresh unaltered download of the time marker efs to the chart I get an error message in 7.9. I used this efs extensively in 7.8 and had no problems. This problem began when I upgraded to 7.9.

At this time I am not indicating it is the efs or 7.9. All I know is when I reload 7.9 with the default page lay out with time marker in a chart I get an error message. When I remove time marker, save the file and the page and then reload 7.9 I do not get the error message. I have not been able to determine if there are other problems causing this so your help would be greatly appreciated in duplicating the test. The error "appears" to be causing my system to crash which is currently my primary problem.

Best Regards,

Alan

Alan
    Comment out the line with the checkVersion() command and see if the error message appears again
    Alex

Comment

Alan
      Alternatively replace the command with the following
      checkVersion(xx,"http://share.esignal.com/ContentRoot/ACM%20Test/Formulas/Time Marker.efs","Time Marker.efs");
      where the first parameter ie xx is the value you currently have.
      Both solutions will resolve the Apache Tomcat error message. I am not sure that the crashes are related to that
      Alex

Comment

Time Marker

Good Morning,

Starting with a fresh download of Timer Marker, changing the default time period to 5 vs 30 minutes, commenting "//" the version line out of the EFS and adding it to a 1 minute chart, it works correctly without error messages. This includes saving the default page layout and opening 7.9 from the desk top. It has only been several minutes but there have not been any crashes. I will advise if there are any other problems.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated !

Best Regards,

Alan

Comment

Time Marker

Good Morning,

I copied your second suggestion into the efs and deleted the commented out line. The modified code works fine. When I did this, I did not have to shift drag the scale into the chart. Is this a new feature in 7.9?

Best Regards,

Alan

Comment

Alan
            I am not sure as to which scale you are referring to since my efs only writes some text at the bottom of the price window (and optionally draws some lines). You may be running a modified version of the efs.
            Regardless I am not aware of any such changes in version 7.9
            Alex

Comment

Working...
            X