Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions re: New EFS2 functions - efs() and efsInternal()

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions re: New EFS2 functions - efs() and efsInternal()

Hi Alex, nice job! I love eSignal Pro EFS!!!!

I tried your example of the MA on MACD and discovered that when downtiming the study to Daily while viewing the Weeklly chart, the data is truncated. Is this because I don't have the correct 7.9 version or by design?

The reason I ask is this example is exactly what I have been planning to do soon and you've done all the work for me!

Thanks!

Tex
    Attached Files
    Tex

Tex
    This is by design to avoid the problem discussed in this thread.
    You can override the default by adding a setIntervalsBackfill() statement in preMain()
    Another way of overriding the default is by using a Time Template that loads a specific number of days/bars for the desired interval (in your case Daily) rather than a Time Template that is set to Dynamic
    Alex

Comment

Alexis,

Thanks for your everlasting tolerance of newbies. Indeed, I adjust my time template to load about 5 years worth of "bars" on the daily and the same on the weekly with correspondingly good results.

I LOVE this EFS Java language, though I am a beginner to the Java specific language. It flows so well and makes so much sense.

My task lately has been to expand my awareness of the available functions; no small task. Yet, there is always a simple method to accomplish what I need most of the time.

Thanks again!

Tex

Comment

Tex
        The pleasure is mine
        Alex

Comment

Quicky Question.

Are we limitied (for instance) on using down-timed data for intraday charts, say a 60 minute chart using 15 minute data, because of the simple "lack" of data? I've never seen more than 30 days worth of intraday data available no matter what settings I use. (This has more to do with backtesting more than anything else; ie. using 60 minute data derived signals on a daily chart.) Seems to me I remember something somewhere about historical data limitations...

Thanks again!

Tex

PS: I can imagine the server maximum-overload if a lot of people suddenly wanted 2 years worth of 1-minute data! LOL!

Tex

Comment

Tex
            eSignal provides up to 120 days of intraday data equal to approximately 6 months (see first date in the enclosed image which is 12/28/2004)
            Alex

Comment

Okay, now I really feel ignorant. All in the time templates... I readjusted them and there it is.

For some strange reason, I always thought Dynamic would provide all the data available, my mistake.

Thanks again!

(boy do I feel stupid...)
              Tex

Comment

Working...
              X