# digits displayed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• # digits displayed

I'm using the volume.efs and the volumeMA.efs. The volume one seems to autoscale what it displayes on the Y-axis, that is on a daily chart it might show 3M, on a 30 min chart it might show 50K. The volumeMA however always shows the total number, like 3,105,646.05. This takes up considerable room in the right margin which I would like to have back. So two questions.

How can I make the volumeMA indicator autoscale or at least fix it to K for the Y-Scale with no decimal points?

How can I make the volumeMA cursor window display do something similar?

thanks

bigtee

There is a fix, but I can't find the efs file you refer to. If you point me in the right direction, I'll take a looksee.

Comment

go to the Files section.
      TSSupport...........
      Volume Based..........

Both indicators are there

Comment

This lops off a couple of decimal places, adjust line 26 to get rid of more than 2.

/************************************************** **************************************************
        Copyright © eSignal, a division of Interactive Data Corporation. 2002. All rights reserved.
        This sample eSignal Formula Script (EFS) may be modified and saved under a new
        filename; however, eSignal is no longer responsible for the functionality once modified.
        eSignal reserves the right to modify and overwrite this EFS file with each new release.
        ************************************************** ************************************************** */
        function main(nInputLength) {
        if(nInputLength == null)
        nInputLength = 13;

var nLength = nInputLength;
        var i;
        var vSum = 0.0;
        var vValue;

vValue = volume(0, -nLength);

if(vValue == null) {
        return;
        }

for(i = 0; i < nLength; i++) {