EFS Editors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EFS Editors

I've been using the built in EFS Editor in eSignal but not exceptionally happy with it - fairly neutral about it.

Does anybody use any other Programmer's Editor to edit EFS files and if so:
    Which one?
    Why is it better than the built in one? Or: Why do you prefer it?

Thanks.
    Standing on the shoulders of giants.

text editors

since an .efs file is simply a text file, any text editor - including notepad that comes with windows - would do if you save the file with a .efs extention. personally, i like textpad (www.textpad.com) since i also write java and ansi c++ code. textpad gives me flexibility working in the different languages while using the same interface for my coding.

Comment

Hi wildfiction,

I have used several text editors, starting off with the esignal editor, then transitioned to the scite editor and then to the ultraedit editor. each has their own advantages, especially with the latest upgrade to the esignal editor.

my favorite remains the scite text editor. Attached is a screenshot showing multipLe windows opened.

personally, I think it is a great Editor, however, there is a lot to be said for sticking with your favorite teXt editor ;>))

I have a link to it in my fileshare area, along with a number of the keywords in the user file (although I have not added the efs2 ones yet). I would recommend following the instructions in my fileshare area to download here

Comment

Has anyone run into problems with the EFS editor where by clicking on File Open icon, the editor simply hung? I just upgraged to 7.9.1

ziggy

Comment

ziggy
          Appears to be working fine here.
          Alex

Comment

Alex - hmmm .... I can't figure it out why it hangs...

Steve - I downloaded SciTE ... how do I show tabs with each opened file names (buffers) as you had shown in your screen shot in this thread ??

Thanks

Comment

ziggy,

My eSignal text editor is working fine as well. Regarding Scite, see if this link helps.

Comment

hi Alex, Steve,

Thanks for your reply ... it turns out when I clicked on Open File button in the editor, the prompt window appeared off screen somewhere (I have 5 monitors attached to this PC) and once I reset the Primary Display to be another monitor, the window showed up ... so it was not hung as I thought ....it just did not display on a physical monitor.

ziggy

Comment

Hi Steve,

I did go to your file share for all the info on Scite and read through its HTML help file ... but still don't see anywhere mentioned how I would enable the tabs for multiple files openned simultaneously in one session as the screen shot in your earlier post showed.

ziggy

Comment

Hi z11,

you have download the SciTEUser.properties file and store the SciTEUser.properties file in the correct location like the file instructs, in brief, try this:

either search for the SciTEUser.properties file and replace it with the SciTEUser.properties file from my file share -or- open the the user options file from the Options dropdown section and paste the steps from the SciTEUser.properties file from my file share and save the modified file. It should work correctly after that.

Comment

Working...
                    X