Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MACD Options...

EFS2 shows (in docs)..

macd(fastLength, slowLength, smoothing)....

In the BUILTIN studies, we have...

var vMACD = new MACDStudy(27, 90, 1, "Close", true);

The "true/false" variable controls how the MACD returned value is calculated.... DO WE HAVE THIS IN EFS2???

B
    Brad Matheny
    eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Brad
    The EFS2 MACD uses exponential averages only for both the MACD and the Signal lines.
    Alex

Comment

ok...

so, EFS2 is not completely compatible with EFS with regards to the MACD...

Oddly, my client is trying to convert his applications to EFS2 (to take advantage of multiple time-trame data) and may not be able to completely accomplish this until this compatibility issue is resolved??

Any idea if/when this will be resolved?? (or how I can accomplish a FIX - myself)??

B
      Brad Matheny
      eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

Brad
        The easiest workaround is to use the EFS1 MACD Study in an external function to which you pass a sym() or inv() series as the last parameter thereby controlling the context in which that function is running.
        For an example of this see this post. Further in that same thread there is also an example that shows how to use the enhanced functionality of efsInternal() which allows you to call an array from the external function. This would allow you to make one call only instead of three separate calls to as many functions.
        Alex

Comment

Working...
        X