X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steve,

I tried, still does not work.
    Note1: Without Text.BUTTON is not a button, just text box.
    Note2: Look at the last version I uploaded, I included an Event Handler Routine, that gets called when you click on the button.
    But like I commented there, I don't know the command to open the file, you need to include that in the space provided.

Mihai
    Attached Files
    Mihai Buta

Comment

Hi Mihai,

This is the command - "@URL=C:/Program Files/eSignal/FormulaOutput/"+nStudy) which is already there. It opens the file, assuming you have a default program to associated with .txt files(similar to how clicking the file in program manager will open a file). The Windows default program to open .txt files is Notepad. You click on the text box (or button) and it should open the file.

Comment

Hi Steve,

Well, the command is there, like you can see in the last efs, but does not open the file [but it does generate it, I checked manually].
        The button is there, it activates the routine on LeftClick [I hear the sound], but the file does not open.

Can you make it work on your computer?
        I made no modifs to Windows [not smart enough for that] and I open files with NotePad routinelly. It might my computer[s], but it might be something else.

Mihai
        Last edited by mbuta; 07-24-2005, 02:14 PM.
        Mihai Buta

Comment

Hi Mihai,

Thanks for the feedback, I am going to have to do some more research on this since it does work on all of my machines.

Comment

Hi Steve,

Please stop banging your head! My operating system is installed on Drive "D".
            It works fine with your function [not with mine].

I hope you read this soon.

Mihai
            Mihai Buta

Comment

Hi Mihai,

Ah, I see... I know how to address that issue. Thank You.

Comment

Hi Steve,

I am sure you do.

A suggestion: Make the Drive and the FileName to inputs variables.
                Note: I think you do need the Text.BUTTON.

As for our original discussion, are we done or we continue?

Thank you.

Mihai
                Mihai Buta

Comment

Hi Mihai,

I am out of town and connecting remotely, so I am only checking the board periodically. By all means, let us continue, although I think you have efs2 down pretty well. If you do not mind we can work through the resolution of my trace utility simultaniously.

Thanks,

Comment

Hi Steve,

I am also tied in moving for the next two weeks.

I think your Trace Utility is fine, specially if you allow some flexibility [for OS and File location].

About EFS2, I hopped that you have some "magic tricks" for builtin studies [efsInternal it is pretty clear for me now] that would eliminate the "jitters" in real time.
                    Note: As I already mentioned, I use getValue for hystorical values and getSeries in real time, but can't rely on that to make automated trading decisions. For this reason, I have a button that allows me to flip between EFS1/EFS2 versions of my script, but this cannot be a permanent solution.

Regards,
                    Mihai
                    Mihai Buta

Comment

Hi Mihai,

No tricks required here, I believe it is relatively straightforward when using efs2 methods and involves, just like in efs1, the evaluation of data obtained at the conclusion of a bar, not while the bar is developing. If you have any straightforward examples that we could go through, that may be helpful in explaining.

Comment

Working...
                      X