Getting data for a specific bar the previous day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting data for a specific bar the previous day

I am trying to write a strategy efs which examines the closing price at 4.15pm EST the previous day on the Dow and S&P futures. I can't use the close of the previous day as the futures continue to trade (after a 15min break) when crossing over to Globex. How would I derive the closing value at 4.15pm of previous day into a strategy using a 1 minute time period entry exit strategy on the current day? Grateful for any help
    Honesty and Valour - where did they go?

Slipperx

I can't use the close of the previous day as the futures continue to trade (after a 15min break)...

You can use the close of the previous day as that would not include trading that occurred after 4:15pm which would be part of the following day's session.
    Alex

Comment

So even using the symbol ES U5 for instance the previous daily close woudl give me the data at 4:15pm?

If that is the case and I want to compare that to the opening price at the start of the next day then I have another problem as the opening price would presumably be the first price data after 4:15pm i.e. at 4.30pm rather than at 9:30am the following day. How would I get that information?
      Honesty and Valour - where did they go?

Comment

Working...
      X