Help with my simple formula

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with my simple formula

I tried to write this in the Wizard and could not do math signs so I did the best I could then went into the editor to modify and make it read the best I could. It does not like what I did. Could you tell me how I can do math functions in the Wizard?

I simply want to make a price bar turn white when these conditions are met:

high(0) - low(0)/vol(0) < high(-1) - low(-1)/vol(-1)
    and
    vol(0) > vol(-1)

Thanks. Wavethree3

Attached Files
    Last edited by Wavethree3; 07-16-2005, 02:45 PM.

Hi Wavethree

I am also new to formula writing but checked your efs. There are two things I noticed. I expect you are trying to calculate the difference between the high and the low and then divide that by the volume so you will need to put high(0) - low(0) in brackets before you divide by the volume otherwise you will calculate the high minus the (low divided by the volume). Not what youw ant I think. Also 'vol(0)' is not recognised and you need to use the whole word volume. I have made the edits and it tests out fine - have a look
    Attached Files
    Honesty and Valour - where did they go?

Comment

Other bars default black

Thanks for taking the time to help me.

It works great except I have a black background with red bars. The ones that are not white can't be seen because they are coming out black. I can't seem to change them red again.

The only way to see them is to change my chart backgound color. I can do that if there is no easy solution. Any ideas?

Wavethree3

Comment

Wavethree3
        You have two options available to you to resolve this.
        The first one is to open the efs with the Editor and insert setDefaultPriceBarColor(Color.red) right after the line setColorPriceBars(true);.
        The other option is to open the efs with the Formula Wizard and add a Set2 condition identical to the one shown in the image below.
        Alex

Comment

You guys are awsome!

Thanks Slipperx and Alexis for such great service. It is a pleasure to post, knowing there are such great people as yourselves out there waiting to help.

Wavethree3

Comment

Hey Wavetree

No problem - we need all the help we can get - Alex is Great!!

Good luck

Slipperx
            Honesty and Valour - where did they go?

Comment

Working...
            X