How Long should this take me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Long should this take me?

I'm currently hacking my way through the EFS instruction trying to understand how to apply the code to a strategy that I have.

Can someone tell me honestly how long this process should take me before I lose my mind?

Is losing my mind just part of the process of pursuing the carrot on the end of the stick?

Hello johntherevelato,

Sounds like you are new to EFS and programming. How long it should take you depends on the level of complexity of your specific strategy and your current skill level with EFS and JavaScript. The best place to start learning more about JavaScript, which is the foundation of EFS, would be our EFS KnowledgeBase. You will find the Core JavaScript Guide in the Core JavaScript 1.5 folder. This guide will teach you everything you need to know about the JavaScript language, syntax and what variables are, etc. Once you have a basic understanding of the language then you should be ready to start using the EFS extensions to access the chart data and performing other EFS tasks that you need to accomplish. To learn more about a specific EFS function, you will find that information under the EFS 2 Function Reference folder. This will give you the syntax as well as some code examples for each function. The other guide that you will find helpful is the Guide to Developing EFS Indicators, which will also cover more EFS basics. After you have gone through these guides, start trying different things in the EFS editor. As you run into specific obstacles that you don't understand, post your questions and code here and one of the moderators or other members of the forums will help provide some guidance or suggestions.
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Working...
    X