Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• efsExternal(...)

Hi:

I have a fuction in folder "c:\Program Files\eSignal\My_Library", let us call it fuctionXX.efs.

When I call this function from main() in another folder with this statement:

result = efsExternal("c:\Program Files\eSignal\My_Library\functionXX.efs",0,sym(sym bol));

I got an error message "efsExternal is not defined".
    I use eSignal ver 9.0, I did not upgrade to 9.1.

Can anybody help?
    thanks
    dt

dt
    The efsExternal() function is only available in version 7.9.1 (or later)
    Alex

Comment

I have installed eSignal 7.9.1. When efsExternal is called, the error message is "Formula file not found : c:ProgramFileseSignalMy_libraryXX.efs". All "\" characters are removed in the error message.

Can the efs file, called by efsExternal() , be in any folder or there are special requirements?

Thank,
      dt

Comment

dtrosty

Can the efs file, called by efsExternal() , be in any folder or there are special requirements?

It can be in any subfolder of Formulas. When you point to it in the efsExternal() call you don't need to indicate the whole path but only the path from the Formula Root (default is Formulas).
        So if the efs is for example in the Library subfolder of Formulas you would need to use
        efsExternal("\\Library\\my.efs", parameters)
        Alex

Comment

Just an aside, the reason why it didn't work with your full path is that the '\' characters need to be escaped with another '\' character. So as in Alex's example, "\\somewhere\\whatever" instead of "\somewhere\whatever".

This is a JavaScript thing, since there are special characters for newlines ie '\n'.

Comment

Working...
          X