Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAOverBoughtOverSold.efs

Hi,
    I been using the MAOverBoughtOverSold.efs from the EFS Database section in File Share - and i'd appreciate some assistance on the following =

a) how can i change the period length - it's set at a default of 13

b) i've been able to change the MA length - but can the MA be changed to and EMA?

Many thanks,
    Paul

Paul
    If you are trying to set the default length to a value other than 13 then open the formula with the Editor and change the value of nLength in Line 23
    Alex

Comment

Hi Alexis,
      I've already tried this approach - changing the nInput and MA values - i can change the MA values, but it is always calculated of a 13 period ob/os.

Paul
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello Turlies,

We can set the formula to allow you to specify the period length through the "Edit Studies" option. Do you want it to also be and exponential moving average? Let me know what you need exactly.

Thanks,
        Jason K.
        Project Manager
        eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
        JavaScript for EFS Video Series
        EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
        EFS Glossary
        Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Hi Jason,

1) I'd like to be able to change the period length of the OverbroughtOversold indicator itself (i've already tried changing the nLength in the study - but it only seems to display a 2 period ob/os everytime)

2) The study does allow me to change the MA period length - but i'd like to use an Exponential MA - instead of the Simple MA that is presently used.

Thanks,
          Paul

Comment

Hello Turlies,

Here is your formula: EMAOverBoughtOverSold.efs. Try it out and let me know if you want to make any changes. I'd like to add this one to our Library. I also made some changes to the MAOverBoughtSold.efs to incorporate the length parameter for the OB/OS line.

The period length (nOBOSLength) for the OB/OS line is defaulted to 5 and calculates simple moving averages for the OHLC inputs for this line. The period length (nEMALength) for the EMA line of OB/OS is defaulted to 13. Both can be changed via the "Edit Studies" option. Let me know how this works out for you.

Jason K.
            Project Manager
            eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
            JavaScript for EFS Video Series
            EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
            EFS Glossary
            Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Working...
            X