This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Is Revolting!!!!!!!

IT IS THIRD TIME THAT I POST A NEW THREAD AND SOMEONE DECIDES TO DELETE IT!

FIRST TWO TIMES I THOUGHT IT WAS AN ACCIDENT, BUT NOW I REALIZE THAT THIS IS A PRACTICE FOR SOMEONE WHO WAS GIVEN THE PRIVILEDGE OF CONTROL.

I DONT'T THINK IS RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Mihai Buta

mbuta

Did you have a reasonable question or comment?

Comment

YES, I think my request was reasonable.
      I asked for help with (true, a little more complex) formula.

But who decides what is "reasonable"?
      Or if he/she does decide so, at least can inform me and others that was too much to ask, not to delete it so nobody can see it anymore.
      When I asked for help at eSignal I was directed to this site as the place where "a special team of experts" will help me.
      I was also told that, if the formula I request is more complex it will take more time, because the team is in Russia.
      I was never told that there limits to the complexity or the formula request.

In any circumstance, deleting my thread was unproffessional and I will complain to eSignal tomorrow.

Mihai
      Mihai Buta

Comment

mbuta,

It is not our practice to delete any posts and even if we did, we would certainly inform the poster and explain why. We do occasionally move posts but we typically leave a redirection notice.

I checked your profile and see that you have 48 posts since joining. To see all your posts, you can use the Search tool or go into your profile and choose the pre-set search in the upper right search for all posts by this user. Perhaps it's been moved.

I don't believe we have a way to track threads that have been deleted ( in case it was done accidentally somehow ) but I'll look into it.

If you aren't able to locate the post(s) in question, please re-post what you're looking to do. If you are looking to do something rather complex, you might want to consider using an EFS Consultant. They are listed at the bottom of this page.

Thanks.

Comment

OK, time for a bit of common sense...if they are deleting threads, wouldn't they have deleted this one? After all, you would think that they wouldn't like someone talking trash on their policies, so that would be a prime one to delete. Could there be other explanations?

We have seen requests for VERY complex formula's...I doubt they would delete for that. I have seen (and even posted) criticisms of their product...and those were not deleted.

One thing I would expect any site to delete are threads/posts promoting products...so if there was any of that in there I would hope it would be deleted out of hand. I have also seen threads and posts I thought I did never show up and I had to post them again. I chalk it up to user error when it happens to me.

Even if they are deleting threads, and I don't think they are, it is their site. They get to determine content. Period. People are free to open other user groups if they feel that they need to talk about things that are restricted on this site. The yahoo group ibusers was created for just this reason, interactive brokers does filter messages on their site (as it is their right to do), and someone felt it was important to have a group free of that. That group has many hundreds of readers now...so obviously many people agreed. This is not the only group that has been created to achieve a similar goal…
          Garth

Comment

Mihai,

As Scott mentioned before, using the Search function is a good way to look for a thread that has been posted and cannot be found. I also ran a search on your posts and see a thread you started on 4/5/03 titled Most Recent High/Low (MRH), Second MRH, Minor Pivots. I'm uncertain if this is the thread you are describing that got deleted, but I do see that this moved to page 2 on the list of threads in the EFS forum. To navigate through the pages, please use the pages links at the bottom of the forum.

I apologize if I am off-base on this, but didn't want to leave this possibility unturned.
            Regards,
            Jay F.
            Product Manager

Comment

Hi Jay,

Yes that is the thread, but I could not find it.
              I don't know how I can expect any help from anybody, if it was moved (not deleted, I appologize) somewhere where only accidentally someone may find it.

Thanks,
              Mihai
              Mihai Buta

Comment

Mihai,

I actually misspoke. I shouldn't have said the thread was "moved to page 2", but instead let you know that this is the way most forums work. As more new threads are created, the older threads "slide" down the list and appear on subsequent pages. Page 1 of each forum can have a maximum of 25 threads on it, and once a thread reaches the 26th slot, it automatically shifts over to page 2... and so on with the 51st post to page 3.
                Regards,
                Jay F.
                Product Manager

Comment

Working...
                X