Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting attributes other than price/volume

Folks,

I want to be able to get at some characteristics of, in this case mutual funds, which are not seemingly got at except through quote windows.

In this case I want to be able to plot NAV of the funds graphically.

Can this be done? If it can't I'd like to strongly suggest that it be made possible.

I know I can go through DDE to do this in Excel, and I realize that might be the only way to do it given that NAV may not be kept as part of price history on servers.

Stiill (and perhaps I just answered my own question) being able to get at some statistics beyond price and volume is important I think.

deepfoo,

Since mutual funds don't have the standard price and volume that stocks do, NAV is reported in the Last field. NAV is also stored on our History Servers. You can access this data by pulling up a Daily Interval or greater on the symbol of the mutual fund you are looking for.
    Regards,
    Jay F.
    Product Manager

Comment

Right, but not quite all that we need

Thanks so much for the prompt reply. Of course I did manage to pick the one thing that was more easily accessible.

However in writing an efs, where one may want to do data analysis, it is necessary to be able to get at qulaifiers for a symbol that don't appear to be documented.

For example, and I tried this in DDE and got no data btw, if I wanted to look up Assets, or Div Yield or other aspects of a symbol that we can get to in a quote window, how does one get to those in script form?

Is there some symbol.qualifier syntax I am not aware of?

Comment

Working...
      X